Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Retail Price
KrowGyrl Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 4:31:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Greetings ...

Another question: On eBay, how sound and reasonable are the "estimated retail prices" quoted by the large volume sellers? Since I don't sell in a brick and mortar store, yet, I am trying to sell at good prices, but not going anywhere near the suggested prices. Also, I have kind of a "funky" tone to my selling ambience, even when I do get a store, so I am trying to find the right pricing tide for the pieces I am buying.

Also, I saw an auction last week in which the guy was selling a lot of antique, some quite old, prayer rugs. I feel funny about buying old prayer rugs. But one that was listed had this description. "This rug must have heard thousands of prayers. Nothing more to say to this old veteran." I almost wanted to weep! I bid, just to give "the old veteran" a good home so he wouldn't end up as somebody's poodle pillow. He was quite old and frayed. But I lost him. That really got to me though. I guess I am sentimental.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

Tabriz Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 5:46:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Some of these sellers do build up romance with item. Don't be a sucker though because these sellers often use other tactic to trick people.

Estimated retail prices are no reasonable. I maybe have seen 3 or 4 sellers accurately state a suggested retail prices on ebay. A suggested retail price according to the rugrag people is a "price which the rug has actually sold for"

I agree with this.
KrowGyrl Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 6, 2008 2:10:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Thank you so much. This is all just more than helpful. It's quite interesting too.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 2:08:59 PM(UTC)
Groups:

KrowGyrl, you are a romantic. Probably big Neptune configurations natally. I RELATE.....but this blessing has a downside, given we can be more easily exploited than some!!!!

Jill