Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Question about Another Live Auction Sarouk
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:48:17 PM(UTC)
Groups:

This just arrived:
http://www.liveauctionee...item/6440929?from=alert

Here is my curiosity-driven question: I get the pic of the whole rug is not good: one long edge is up and whole pic is little crooked... but, am I tripping, just tired... or is the field detail on this carpet not symmetrical?

If not, WHY not?
Jilly attached the following image(s):
Wut.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 2:10:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

the beauty of a persian rug. good eyeApplause
#3 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 12:02:50 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
the beauty of a persian rug. good eyeApplause

Thanks fore moving this one too to the right forum.

But Pro.....why is it asymmetrical? Is because I do not have enough experience to have seen this before? Was it a mistake? A deficiency in the weavers? Is it a good thing or a not good thing?
I just decided I think the not at all symmetrical is enchanting. Cause it is more of an INDIVIDUAL than most. It has WHIMSY The weaver marched to the sound of his own drummer if you will, something I always appreciate. But this may not reflect what experts think.....and I would still like to know what that might be. And if this was purposeful or not.

Interesting how things metamorphose: first, I thought I was hallucinating; then I was rattled; then I thought I hated this odd rug. Now I am almost in luv with it and want it. Course, I already have a rug I adore. It is gorgeous. But not a real individual with whimsy.

Only in my mind, all this. Now that I have the rug disease, I see many things I want. We do not even know the real age, origin, condition of this maybe, maybe not atypical Sarouk (style?) rug.....but human faces are also not symmetrical. Top side feels a little Indo.....but image of the underside (construction) would indicate Persian I believe,pls see below--- and this is a reputable gallery and they list it as Persian, semi-Antique.

Too bad I only have room for one good Sarouk. lol
Jilly attached the following image(s):
almost certainly Persian.JPG
#4 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 8:54:14 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Post evening work addendum.

I think I am some kinda addict now. And to help cure this, I must find the courage to un subscribe from these email alerts, key word, Sarouk, from Live Auction I have been getting forever, also how I found MY rug.

Cause until this one with the atypically individual personality and the whimsy, the like of which I did not know existed... came in....tho took me time to really GET IT....I was fine. Relatively speaking.
RugPro Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:07:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Jilly wrote:

I think I am some kinda addict now.

lol, it's easy to fall into that one... I like this rug,
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:28:43 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Jilly wrote:

I think I am some kinda addict now.

lol, it's easy to fall into that one... I like this rug,

well, that makes two of us! Pls do not feed my addiction, Pro. But I never saw anything this INDIVIDUAL in Sarouks!!....nor knew anything like this existed. Also, given the low estimate---bet it will go for higher, forget the buyer's fee and the shipping-- and that we have no data on the real age, origin or condition......well, those are factors. Forget I do not need it and have no real use for it. But who knows if monogamy is species indigenous or not? hahahahahah. OMG

I need rehab.

O,K here is what this is: you come upon a litter of purebred puppies (not in favor of going in that direction altogether, mutts are always far healthier than Most purebreds). All of them comport with the standards of the breed.....cept ONE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THE LIKE OF. IT IS A LITTLE OFF, it is ungainly, it happily violates the conventional standards; it is a real individual. It is captivating. It makes yr heart smile and DANCE. It will never win best of breed at Westminster; it will never even be a bench champion within the sport! How can anyone with a pulse not want to take that puppy home?

That is what this is. At least, for me.
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:07:02 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OK first, here are some Kaminski specifics:

http://www.kaminskiauctions.com/bids.htm

Interesting....my gorgeous Sarouk which knocks everyone out who sees it-- also came form a reputable gallery in MA.

Next, I did, early this AM, email them for details.I could not help it. Response just arrived and I will paste. I am in harm's way.....this is honestly insane of me. Just because I suddenly saw this rug which is entirely unique as per the above puppy analogy....and have fallen in luv unexpectedly.....does not mean I need this thing, can use this thing or should even think about this thing beyond right now. Including call them as they suggested....during the preview, for more info.

Hello,

Please call 508-238-5976 on Friday May 29th during our preview between 10am-6pm.

Thank you,

Kaminski Auctions

#8 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:35:42 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OK I know we R not posed to put more than one rug in a given thread.....but this is all related. See this tiny and OK, unusual, but I think ugly semi antique Sarouk with a manic paisley field which sold other day at gallery in Fla for $2,400? Remember, that is plus buyer's fee. forget, it appears to have some kinda GLUE REPAIR.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6406492

Maybe I might call on Friday about the whimsical puppy just to get my questions answered. How much more danger could that put me in, after all? I am an adult, yes? Responsible VISA card adult in every way.