Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Buh Bye, Poor Amy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:25:02 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Just for laughs....which there are few of anyhow in rugs, also to show respect I am posting Buh Bye Poor Amy. The very responsible, with good return policy Canada vendor emailed me UPS is going to call me tomorrow and pick up Amy.

I folded and rolled her way better than they did.....longer and more narrowly, secured her with stretchy hair band thingies, used what I could of the original plastic then added a heavy weight plastic bag at other end. Then I used half a roll of tape to bind her. I stood her up and ran around her wit da roll of tape until she was entombed.

She is now, yes indeedy, ENTOMBED for return.....and, I think secure, if terrible to look at. Not as.....as seeing her not entombed tho. OMG. But she taught me precious things, she truly did.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0283.JPG (1,641kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:33:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

NIce Job! Are they paying return shipping?
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:45:49 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
NIce Job! Are they paying return shipping?

Good question. I never thought to ask. See that? I am just so grateful for their amazing 30 day return policy and that they arranged things. If i have to pay, I think it is only fair. I just never thought to ask.

Today, I feel like an enlisted person having failed basic training, but moved to go into combat anyway, naively....stupidly.

But thanks for saying I did decent job hermetically sealing and mummifying poor Amy. OMG.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:55:17 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I just looked in My ebay and then at their site I apparently pay for return. But isn't that fair? I mean she only weighs 24 pounds and she taught me a lot.
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:26:28 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Happy Amy Update!!!!!

Jimmy, who manages our building got angry at Jilly this AM cause Amy was still in the package room and the UPS guy did not recognize her---UPS is in this building many times a day. I just spoke to Maryam in Canada who is the nicest person on 2 continent, maybe 3......UPS is coming tomorrow WITH THE LABEL, which he will affix to poor Amy's mummified exterior and take her away. Makes me sad, cause she is like a living being.

Now....on phone, I asked Maryam, given Amy weighs 24 pounds how much she thought return shipping would be. And guess wut????? Sheeee said, "doesn't matter, WE PAY!!!!!!"

Not what it said on their page when I looked, after Pro asked......this is leetle too good to be true given recent level of rug misery, right? I am still in SHOCK!!!!!