Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another carpet I would like advice on
Flingo Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:48:55 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I was also told this is Turkish yet am discovering it too might be Chinese. The size in metric is 3.49 x 2.60. They have said I could have this for a very good deal at $6,500. I am questioning this as well. Since I discovered this forum and have been looking at the different carpets you list, I am feeling I am not getting a fair shake at all which is why I am beginning to feel quite the fool.

Could the seller be a Liar ?

I'm very thankful for this opportunity to learn more since I know nothing about these carpets and I believe the seller is taking advantage of this.Shame on you
File Attachment(s):
Rug 4 Front.jpg (1,314kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Rug 4 quarter 2 back bottom of rug pic.jpg (2,047kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Rug 4 quarter-back bottom of pic.jpg (1,733kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Rug 4 back.jpg (1,407kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Flingo attached the following image(s):
Rug 4 fringe back  top of rug pic.jpg
Rug 4 fringe bottom of rug pic.jpg
Rug 4 pile front bottom of rug pic.jpg
Rug 4.jpg
Rug 4 edge back bottom of rug pic.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:59:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

I don't know who this seller is, but the prices seem very high. Given the design execution and the mustard yellow in addition to the minor guard border elements, this appears to be a Chinese rug.

did you purchase in person? does the seller have a website?
Flingo Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 12:26:15 PM(UTC)

Actually, I did pick these out in person. I do not believe there is a website. I believe I am being severely taken advantage of. Currently these carpets are in my home. I am considering sending them all back. I have also contacted the seller to ask for renegotiations on the prices. I do really like some of these pieces. I would be happy to keep them if I can get a fair deal, I'm just not sure what a fair deal is. I see carpets on eBay that seem very "cheap" in price and wonder the quality. Yet with the situation I am in I know I can not trust this seller for honesty. However, if I know fair prices I would like to keep several of these carpets unless they are pure garbage. I have many more pictures and a few more pieces I would like to get some advice. I will post now. Thanks again!
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 2:16:17 PM(UTC)

The majority of ebay rugs at low price points can't be compare to these rugs. It seems as though these are decent quality, but nothing entirely special to justify the price as it seems. You would have to pay a fair amount for a rugs like the last two I saw that you posted, but these prices seem pretty outlandish
Flingo Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 5:20:51 PM(UTC)

I think the prices are outlandish! And I did wonder about the eBay comparison, I firmly believe you get what you pay for. This is probably why the seller is asking me to pay so much!!!

This one measures: 11'3" x 7'2"
RugPro Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 7:21:43 PM(UTC)

This looks like a slightly more refined rug with just a bit better weaving quality than the 4x6 posted. Again, I think this may be a Chinese Rug, figure perhaps $2800 - $4,000 would be fair retail market in a showroom. Again could be more or less depending on quality of wool, when the rug was purchased by the seller, where the seller is located, etc...
Flingo Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 3:49:29 AM(UTC)

Thank you! Again, your ballpark is in the range I was thinking after all my research. I appreciate the confirmation.

RugPro Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 6:22:34 AM(UTC)

So, it seems like you've purchased a lot of rugs from this seller adding up to a fair amount. did you get them all at the same time? was there any talk of negotiating before taking them home?

Anyway, if you ever get bored the main site has a lot of information in the archive: http://www.rugrag.com/archive.aspx
Flingo Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 10:07:57 AM(UTC)

There were three of us involved in purchasing. I was told for the 5 that I had it was $17,500 and that was 40% of the retail price and such a great deal. Yes, I did get them at the same time. The negotiations had already been done. I was told I had over $30,000 in carpets. I will check the main site. THANKS AGAIN!