Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Need Help in Completing Pro Estimator for my Isfahan “Fakhzori” or “Fakhori” Rug
jellybean's_mom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:55:51 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I would appreciate getting feedback on my Isfahan “Fakhzori” 4’7” x 7’3” rug, excl. fringe. It’s newer (10-20 years). The KPSI (based on 3 samples) averages 381; I count 12 intervals of Kheft. My 3 questions are: Qurk wool? Hand spun? Value? I’ve inputed data to the Rug Pro Estimator but since I’m not sure about the Qurk wool, I answered “wool pile with significant Silk Highlights on silk foundation” and “No/Don’t know” for hand spun. I wonder if its value falls in the upper range given the significant use of silk highlights in the medallion. The photos do not do it justice. I plan on selling this rug among others in my collection.
http://www.RugRag.com/Ap...-4F7E-B5CB-C6F4402DE0AD

jellybean's_mom attached the following image(s):
1-P1000953.w.jpg
2-P1000954.w.jpg
3-P1000935.w.jpg
4-P1000936.w.jpg
5-P1000938.w.jpg
6-P1000951.w.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

tracytracy222 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:35:53 AM(UTC)

Ooo another gorgeous rug! Love the colour and pattern!

I wouldn't trust the rug estimator if I was you. There are so many factors that can affect a rugs value e.g. whether a particular type of design is in fashion.

I while ago I wanted to get an estimate on a rug which I actually posted on this forum. I inputted the data and the estimate cam up with a value of around ~$12,000. But when I asked Sharafi he said the value of the rug was around $6500...which is a huge difference!
jellybean's_mom Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:09:09 AM(UTC)

Thank you again for taking the time to respond. You raise some good questions about the Rug Estimator. I see the rug estimator as one tool to assist in gathering information about a rug. The exercise of going through the different categories in examining one’s rug has been very useful to me, especially since I’m not an “expert”. However many questions in turn are raised: how current is the database; parameters of database (Tabriz and Nain are included yet Isfahan isn’t). Also, as you suggest, there are subjective / regional variables that may affect the value. Determining a price is often tricky. My approach will be one of factoring different sources, including initial purchase price, appraised value, potential buyers, Rug Pro Estimator?, and other considerations.
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:14:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

This is a really nice looking rug - unique color too. Those ranges seem pretty accurate for retail.
1 user thanked RugPro for this useful post.
jellybean's_mom on 6/27/2015(UTC)
Sharafi & Co Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 8:24:35 AM(UTC)

The signature looks like Ghaffori to me. It should be Kork wool but not handspun. Nice piece.
First Floor, unit 9
1 Chandos Road
London NW10 6NF
UK
www.sharafiandco.com
1 user thanked Sharafi & Co for this useful post.
jellybean's_mom on 6/27/2015(UTC)
jellybean's_mom Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 10:52:32 PM(UTC)

Thank you again for your comments. Not knowing Farsi, I’m in the dark on such matters! The signature attribution provided by the carpet merchant was “Fakhori”, and “Fakhzori” was provided by the Canadian Persian carpet appraiser. I know spelling can vary but since each person had no knowledge of the other, it appeared to me there was agreement. The carpet appraiser is originally from Tabriz. So I am at a loss:(