Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Met and Lincoln Rug
RugPro Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:08:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Jilly, do you have the images of the met rug and lincoln room you posted before with links to where they came from? They want to do a piece on it.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:28:29 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Duh..I have everything. Cept a rug. I HAVE THE ISSUE OF NY TIMES Mag in my files. I scanned the first two pages and uploaded them. I think I kept them in one of my HDDS in this system. Do U want me to scan them again more carefully?

Tell me what U want me to do and it shall be done.

Why, does someone like that rug????? The one in the Renaissance Revival Room of the Met? With my mother's Jelliff Parlor Suite? Well, identical to hers. S That rug? Probably circa 1860? The boring rug?

Now......the Lincoln bedroom ones, I got from C-SPAN SITE, wherein U can see fabulous clips and slideshows re the multi-part, and incredible special they recently ran on the White House.....with new insider privileges!!!!!

I will get a link, hold on....

OK; http://whitehouse.c-span.org/

Now, that is the homepage for this miraculous special everyone should record. they also offer a distilled version on DVD for no money, I think $10....they said they were not making a profit; I believe them; they do not deal in antique rugs.

Via above link, hit the "by room" option top left in list; go to second floor; in floor plan with buttons, hit Lincoln Bedroom. The Lincoln bedroom will come along with the two rugs there since recent restoration.....along with infinite other interior spaces within this historic residence!!!! C-SPAN is GOD.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:45:46 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Found them. Yes,I kept them...but I need to rescan....cause I focused on the pics and some of the text got omitted. I iwll do this cause it's a privilege and the very least I can offer given all the miserable things I have learned here duirng my rug obsession and continue to. hahhahahah.
the NY Time Mag little too wide to fit in my scanner and get everything. But I will figure it out. I might have to do in sections upper and lower and someone can print them out and paste them together......I will do overlap to make this possible. Is all this clear yet? Lke that Sarouk not wit da muddy everything U kinda liked, Pro. OMG.

How anyone can live without 3 puters and tons of peripherals, warpspeed broadband, I do not know.
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:51:42 PM(UTC)

that's really awesome, they're going to love it. People are talking a lot about Lincoln. I'd love to see your work and writing.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:56:55 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
that's really awesome, they're going to love it. People are talking a lot about Lincoln. I'd love to see your work and writing.

I did not recscan the Met Renaissance revival room thingy yet!!!! I will do that and upload it. Yes Doris Kearns Goodwin book on Licoln amazing. SHE is amazing. and he has informed our Obamababe profoundly. Was first time today in a millION years they used the Lincoln bible!!!!! did you see it? U will not see that on ebay.

I think it lives in the Library of Congress.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:12:45 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Ok for when someone sees this, I rescanned the first page, carefully this time and the whole image is there. Someone tell me if they can get tHis and enlarge it TO A LEGIBLE SIZE.

I will now do the other pages. And now that I see the rug ESP IN the first pic, it is handsome and, OK, RICH. I am simply Not in a good RUG MOOD OF LATE.
Jilly attached the following image(s):
Met RR Room0001.JPG
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:27:24 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I LOVE MY SCANNER! And all my puters!!!!!!! It is 20K rugs I luv, I hate. But....that Jelliff parlor set I grew up with is far nicer than the rug....tho OK, dissing the rug was sour grapes.

It was not long after I sold it for under 1/4 of its value (whihc I did not know) at the wrong place, but only wrong in some ways....I came upon this. Learning often hurts. But it is the real privilege of life.

There are three images total; I have marked them as such.You will need to rotate the third. Not sure if you will need permission from the TIMES TO REPRODUCE, but probably.

Enjoy.
Jilly attached the following image(s):
Met RR Room 2 ON 30001.JPG
Met RR Room 3 ON 30002.JPG
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:34:31 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Direct link to Lincoln Bedroom VIDEO-SLIDESHOW via C-SPAN from their recent Special:

http://whitehouse.c-span...om/Lincoln-Bedroom.aspx

Prepare for flutes.
RugPro Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:08:32 PM(UTC)

outstanding! thank for taking the time :)
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:17:56 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
outstanding! thank for taking the time :)

MY PLEASURE.