Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Found Another
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:00:46 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Hi,

Just found another rug. The rug God has a sense of humor & is torturing me. A small rug. Maybe, if I chill, someone in this building will throw out my DREAM rug. When Microsoft writes a decent operating system. lol

Now that I know a tiny bit, I saw right off it is machine made. Not my kinda rug even were it not. It is around 42" X 66" Wool.

I will attach bad pics. The wicked ugly rug from the garbage way back Pro thinks is hand knotted and maybe worth trying to sell is still on the floor as U see.

Should I just throw it back out? I would think it is worth around $11. Someone wrote a number on the underside. U can not make this stuff up, OK?

OK wait....I think it is hooked. It doesn't have pile, it has bumps. It's hooked, right? WHY don't they throw them out with detailed descriptions, for God's sake!? hahhahhah

Soon that uber, OMG! rug I love, now in West Hollywood.....will simply fall out of the SKY form the red eye. hahhahhah. I ger very silly when I forget to sleep.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0198.JPG (2,455kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
DSCN0201.JPG (2,279kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
DSCN0200.JPG (2,355kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
DSCN0202.JPG (2,409kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSCN0203.JPG (2,387kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:14:05 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

lol. The funny thing is that every day really nice rugs get thrown out, and many just don't know how good they are.

"it's doesn't have pile, it has bumps" lol it is a hooked rug, maybe machine made too. Surprisingly, some designer type tufted rugs used to retail for very high numbers when they were new. you could try to sell it for a couple of dollars. $11 is a nice number, but I would go with a little more like $30 so there's room to negotiate :) there are people who certainly wouldn't mind paying for it
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:48:02 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
lol. The funny thing is that every day really nice rugs get thrown out, and many just don't know how good they are.

"it's doesn't have pile, it has bumps" lol it is a hooked rug, maybe machine made too. Surprisingly, some designer type tufted rugs used to retail for very high numbers when they were new. you could try to sell it for a couple of dollars. $11 is a nice number, but I would go with a little more like $30 so there's room to negotiate :) there are people who certainly wouldn't mind paying for it

Boy are you priceless. I mean it. Thanks so much for the info, Pro. It LOOKS like 11 dollars. I am going to give it to the painter for his daughter; I showed it to him, he thinks she will like it. Plus, when I am not home during the day often, the building staff gets the decent carcasses anyhow, cause they use the service elevator ongoing and that, the service stairwell, is where people put their stuff for collecting. I am the only human who lives here smart enough to hunt when I can!

New Plan. If enough people in the building throw out enough ugly, but maybe worth something rugs.....by the next century I could get that to die for SARUK.....HE SPELLS IT THAT WAY... in West Hollywood; see that thread, but to do some cardio or Yoga first.