Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

100 Years Old????
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:44:46 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Just curious and learning. Could this Kashan be 100 years old????? 4K plus shipping, above My budget, at least. Looks old re the underside, if not the fringe.

Is it possible, given those gorgeous antique Kashans I just now see Sotheby's. auctioned over time, i.e. will paste below,
....is it possible, 100 years ago they made ANY Kashan with THIS field color????? No, right? http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg

Now heads up: THIS THING IS RIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER IN NJ. Where The Sopranos are. lol In a giant warehouse. This company imports and also makes rugs. A person living in Manhattan could ACTUALLY GO SEE IT. Along with what sounds like billions of others.
Anyone ever go there? Might this be a source for something decent authentic and affordable?

In this arena, on eBay, if you bid on or buy things U LIKE for any serious money.....U will get yr heart broken into a thousand pieces.
That is what I now think.

Gorgeous Kashan sold at Sotheby's at some point; have n idea what it went for....little too long on the long end for me, but this.....is awesom I think:

Jilly attached the following image(s):
perk9995.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:07:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Kashans were made with similar designs.

http://www.rugrag.com/po...er-Kashan-Like-New.aspx

But I highly doubt that rug is a Manchester Kashan. The wool does not have the same sheen as a true manchester wool kashan. Date is probably close to 1930s. I know dave went to go visit this seller in person to verify their items. He spent a lot of time to work with them and made multiple attempts to help them get free traffic and online exposure as an incentive to "clean up their store and listing descriptions" so items could be verified by Rug Rag.... LOL, in his words : after months of trying to work with them, "they were still in violation of 1,2,5,7,9&11 of terms and conditions for verified sellers." consequently, Rug Rag asked 1800getarug to take down all badges. lol.

It's a movement I've been helping out with too. Trying to get reputable sellers out there more and offer less reputable sellers the chance to strive toward more accurate and honest descriptions.

When talking to some of these merchants, you should mention verifications are something Rug Rag is doing for free for good candiate eBay sellers. I think Joes store would benefit.

This is what they look like

http://www.rugrag.com/Au...&InventoryNumber=101
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:36:48 PM(UTC)
Groups:

1) I think I love you; nothing more attractive than integrity, forget pro-actively implemented, even including cute 2) I think I should I just shoot myself, tho you just saved me a trip to NJ 3) Excellent suggestion re Joe....I think he is worthy. Also with sense of humor; I pasted his response to my last Sarok mail, and mine to it... in the other thread:

No, Joseph, I am talking about the garbage Sarouk.

lol

In a message dated 15-Jan-2009 9:58:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, joenevo@joenevo.net writes:
Are you talking about the good Sarough?

joe

That rug was in my parents' house when I was CONCEIVED (tho in a differet room I think, lol)....in my grandparents house way before.....and when I got it, OMG, mea maxima culpa.....I luved it, but also took it for granted in ways. Because I had NO CLUE.

Why I thought getting a rug I loved which would heal my Sarouk wound would be simple and even rapid....I have no idea. What was I thinking?????

Also, My Bad, I only now saw the RugRag validation specifics. EXCELLENT!!!!!! No sTONE unturned, METICULOUSLY ARRIVED AT. How can anyone in ths business not get this is for the Collective and to, over time, mitigate the growing distain and mistrust within people like little Jilly, now learning the often nefariouS, pernicious reality which ends up costing EVERY DEALER???!! Including those with integrity.

AGAIN, the end NEVER EVER JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:41:19 PM(UTC)
Groups:

PS I don know who Dave is....but honest efforts are the linchpin of happiness, also, I think, nobility. So Bless Him.
Shopping for something ought Not be PAINFUL AND DEPRESSING.