Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

estimate value of hereke prayer
milivoj Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 7:30:35 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

please estimate value of this one -11x11 knots per 1 sqer cm,156x106cm,evidence of authentic is signature of carpet weavers asoc.
milivoj attached the following image(s):
Photo-0093.jpg
Photo-0090.jpg
Photo-0091.jpg
Photo-0092.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 7:52:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

welcome to the forum.

looks like a zareh kum kapi turkish silk replica. the originals had slightly different kilims. I don't believe they had the upper right hand corner signature cartouche, this would lead me to think a Chinese rug, or a new Hereke no older than 20 years old, probably closer to the newer side of this. I'm actually leaning toward Hereke because Chinese sometimes did poor copies of this small border cartouche and signature. The middle of the rug beneath the mehrabs also may have an inscription as the older ones did. Older original Kum kapour/kapi examples had metal thread in the cloudband and palmette design elements, some with exceedingly high knot count. I have not converted the KPSI from the measurements you state, but would like to see more photographs of detail to ascertain if it's possibly a real Hereke. better lighting would help. have you burned the pile to test for silk?

How did you acquire this rug, and are you looking for insight on fair price to sell as a private party or just for curiosity for informal replacement value?
milivoj Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 10:43:43 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

i am regular owner of theese rug and two more,more then 25 years.11x11 knots per cm sqer=784 knots per inch sqer.
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:01:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Without additional photographs I can only go by assumptions. no offense, but these photographs are grainy, and really don't show much at all. Can you post a picture with the back of the rug, detail of the corner and description of condition please?