Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

hand knotted persian rugs? prices?
ninjajudy Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:04:40 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

http://atlanta.craigslis...nat/hsh/3633166862.html

Thoughts on how much these rugs are worth? And whether they look Persian and hand-knotted wool, as said in post? How old do they look?

Are there any guidelines on $/sqft? if not, assuming these are like 8x10 or 9x12 (another post mentioned these sizes), is there a value range?

The owner lives really close to me so I might go see in person but want to have an idea of value before i contact them...
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

jeff Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:52:40 PM(UTC)

these look like all hand knotted rugs.The rugs look like large sizes.Possibly Kashan,Tabriz,
retail 9x12 in todays market $2,000 to $3,000
usually persian rugs are priced to dealers by the type and quality of rug,not by kpsi.They all look like new pieces Chrome dyed
Rugfirm Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:22:11 PM(UTC)

These are all used Persian rugs including Kashan, Birjand, Najafabad, Arak, .....and each piece will have its own price ranging from 1200 up to 2500.
ninjajudy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:23:11 AM(UTC)

Hello
Thanks for answering my posting about craigslist rugs, Jeff and Rugfirm! Rugfirm, I clicked over to your website link from the posting and I have been looking at your collection. I found a bunch of options immediately, and your descriptions are really helpful. Nice that your website singles out which ones are good in high traffic areas.

W/r/t this listing - if we assume are all like 9x12 even though in reality they might be different sizes, how would you price, say, rug 1 vs rug 2? or rug 4 vs rug 5?

Price is a consideration for me and the ranges you guys mentioned are fairly large... My rationale is: if I can get a fair price on CL for a nice rug that is local and I can see before buying, I am happy to do that. However, if the price is more or the same as a similar rug from a reputable dealer online (esp one with a return policy) I would prefer to go that route. Does that make sense? This is the main reason I haven't contacted them yet...