Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A question about condition report, "low pile" ?  
KrisE Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:40:36 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

After my goof on ebay earlier, I tried looking at a few kilims for sale from my local area on craigs list. Three times the viewing fell through. One had sellers remorse and decided to keep it once she started looking it over for me for condition details. Another sold earlier, but didn't remember (LOL) and another forgot it had a HUGE ink spot in the middle (DOH).

I'm very excited, pulled the trigger and bought a very unusual (to me) kilim on ebay.

In the condition report he states "good, low pile" so I asked about it and a few other questions. I couldn't see any welp issues in the rug from the pictures posted. He states it's in good condition, no issues in emails. "the kilim are finger not any holes and repair the kilim is orjinal. the piece is kilim not pile. region uoshak esme. the age 1940. be on velvet the kilim wonder ful."

Just wanted to share. I'm now trying to figure out where I saw those flower kind of symbols on each end of the rug.

I did read that some rugs the brown and black oxydizes and they wear down to the welp, which is called "low pile" so a bit worried. I'm posting pictures from the ebay listing... maybe there's something my newbie eye's can't see?

KrisE attached the following image(s):
kilim3.jpg
kilim4.jpg
kilim6.jpg
kilim1.jpg
kilim2.jpg
kilim5.jpg
kilim7.jpg
kilim8.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KrisE Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 12:08:38 PM(UTC)

After downloading the pictures and looking at them in this post, I notice that the last picture there's seperation from the light yellow/cream star from it's surrounding coloring. I can't tell if other areas are bad because they might just be different color threads?

I'm willing to do some minor repair myself. Just wondering if anyone sees anything that would make this a rug I shouldn't lay on the floor and use... I'm not looking for a wall piece.

Dang, I wish these sellers would put up more close-ups. I couldn't see this in the listing due to the limited explosive view on ebay. Still in LOVE with this design, very quirky
LesniakOrientalRugs Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:46:06 AM(UTC)

This is common in kilim rugs for there to be slight separation between different colored wool due to how the rug is woven. From the pictures, it seems normal and not in need of repair. It should do fine on a floor but may need a rug pad to minimize wear. Very nice looking design.

-Bob