Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

...how 'bout this one?
mosaic08 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:32:18 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

i've got a hot lead...what do WE think...and when i say WE, i mean anyone else but me...(i'm not good at this, but i know what i like).

here is the add...."A true sacrifice for a 9'9" x 10' hand made Curvilinear Tabriz rug. Bought at A.T. Gregorian Oriental Rugs in Newton, MA. A beige field with beautifully colored designs." i'm thinking it's a kerman, the rug i gravitate towards, but i could obviously be wrong. i think i place rugs by design, which i think is not quite right (and correct me if i am wrong) because multiple cities/regions could be doing the same patter/cartoon and they're obviously different rugs...

anyway it's listed for 800 dollars and i'd have to ship. i'm really looking for something for our dining room!

thanks as always...
"
mosaic08 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:05:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Looks to be in pretty good condition from what I see in the photos. Without seeing the whole rug it's too tough. I would take a look at it in person. It looks like it could be a great buy. I'm sure the original owner paid an arm and a leg for this rug. My guess is KPSI around 140 or so, nice Kerman, but you have to watch out for the reds in some of these. They tend to bleed, although I didn't see this exactly with the photos you posted. Anyone, that's my two cents, looks like a great rug at a great price. If I had to place an year with this rug, I would say somewhere in the early to late 1960's, could be very early 1970s, and again a great find. I always find it funny when sellers get the names a little off. It certainly is a Kerman. It would be nice to see the back of the rug to have more exacting information about other elements of the rug.

If you need help with more specifics on photos to request from this seller let me know I'd be more than happy to help, even if it's with what would be a fair shipping rate. You said it needed to be shipped, but if you can look at it that's best, especially with odor concerns.

Anyways best of luck, keep us posted.