Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Price estimate on ~20 year old hand made  wool oriental rug
rdr AJ Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:28:47 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello everyone, new here. Looking to get some help pricing out an old family rug. My parents bought this rug many years ago, about 20 years at least, and it has been in our home for all of those years. It is 8ft wide by 10.5ft long from tip to tip and 3/4" thick. Hand made oriental medallion style wool rug. It is 90 knots per square inch. It is in overall good condition with just some a couple of small stains that could probably easily come out with a good clean. The ends, back side and material itself are all in great condition. We recently replaced the rug with another since we just redecorated the room it was in. My mother was looking to sell this one but had second thoughts as she thought it may be worth some money.

Just wondering what you think we may be able to get if we ever were to sell it.

Pictures:

Thanks!
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

Rugfirm Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 10:08:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

This is a Chinese 90 line rug with cotton foundation and wool pile and the pattern is carved. They became very popular in the U.S. market about 30 years ago. However, I do not think you will be able to get more than $800-$1000 for it if you found a private buyer. I would recommend you give it a good wash, and keep using it.