Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

molly1
molly1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:49:38 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi, I posted a rug for ID back in Nov 2010. I also filled out the rug estimator and never got an answer. So, I would like to ask this estimator if they can tell me what my rug might be worth. It is 12'x 17 1/2'. You told me it is american sarouk made in persia in the 40's. It does have some damage at one end about 6 to 10" long frayed fringe. but still there. I think the photos are still on the ID site. Love to here back. Also told me about the laundry tag, how do I check that out?
Thank you

molly1

I'll try and post pics again
molly1 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:07:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

painted american sarouk hand knotted persian rug from 1930's or 40's yes. Too difficult to say value without seeing actual knot count or specific worn areas. This has severe impact on value. The size is not good - most people want 9x12, which can fetch as high as 12,000 in a retail setting for a very nice example in pristine condition. Private party can also get decent money.

In 12x17, very low end private party estimate, $1,200 until we could see better pictures of accurate low and high areas of pile. If it really is a perfect rug, who knows what a new york rug retailer would ask for. And it could be easily justified for the right quality, condition and designer. But, there are many of these large rugs out there that do not have a home, and not many people looking for this size unless it really is a fine rug.

You may want to have this looked at in person, or have an online appraisal done. These are too tough to tell general values unless given a lot of time and very good photos because they were literally painted, and wear is not easy to see unless images accurately exhibit condition. The wash tag can sometimes trace important information, but this is not easy and again needs research and investigation which is generally outside of the forum assistance.
molly1 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 1:14:43 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Thank You very much for your time. Any good recommendation for the appraisers in Sacramento area?
molly1