Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

morning after eBay
huruburu Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:52:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

I am quite apprehensive having realized my first auction win has been with a seller who has been described as bogus on this forum.
The feedback statistics are respectable but, after purchase, I discovered toolhaus.org, and the seller (Gallery99) looked far less good.
However, none of the other big sellers look good either.
So, are the big sellers just a waste of time and money?
With this rug http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg intend to count the kpsi before I take it out of the packaging; then check the colors; then proceed cautiously to assess cleanliness, etc.
If it passes close inspection, I'll get it washed and moth-proofed.
I exchanged 8-9 emails with seller verifying condition, kpsi, regularity, before purchase. I also ran it by the forum. I *knew* it wasn't as described in some aspects (wool, origin, age) but it still seemed a good deal at the right price.
But, you experts, did I waste my money?
Boy it takes time to learn + it's hard to be patient.
There are some small or new sellers who have reassuring ratings but usually their sales are in the 100s, and their time on eBay only 2-3 years.
I feel like a ninny though I thought it was such a sure thing that I wouldn't win the auction. When I did I was happy. But now .... mental preparation for disappointment and return.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

fredgrower Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:17:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

It's really no big deal, we've all made mistakes and felt that regret after an expensive purchase...the worse thing that can happen is you'll have to wrap the rug back up and return it (maybe losing some $ in the shipping)...maybe you'll love it....that is the gambling risk of eBay. All you can do now is try to stay positive for the long days ahead of waiting for your package. I wish you luck that it will be even better than you expected!!