Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Silk Qum Gombad 3X5 where is the market going for quality rugs
btuma6 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 12:33:24 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

First, I realize it is foolish for any novice to try to use rugs as an investment or go to Turkey for a great deal. I also realize that stories of a US embargo making that 56 kpsi tabriz worth thousand is wishful thinking.

But do quality distinctive rug like this qum continue to increase in price and expected to continue that climb. This not a rug I am thinking about buying or selling. It is my rug and I have no intention of selling. However it's interesting to know it's worth today and tomorrow.

It is signed with Mobadhi according to a native Persian. The spelling is an attempt to spell it by sound and may be incorrect. I know there is a famous designer that has the same sounds, but starts with an "H". Is the signature just one of the many that are found on Qum's

Thanks
btuma6 attached the following image(s):
qumdomecenter2.jpg
qumdomequarter.jpg
qumdomefull.jpg
qumdomesign.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

Little-Persia Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:49:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

btuma6

Pretty much all rugs are/will go up in value over time as raw material and labour costs rise, the problem is of course getting the money back out of your investment which is even more difficult as a private seller as you have to go out and find a buyer rather than them coming to you.

We go by two (possibly conflicting) sayings:

"A rug is only a pile of wool (or in your case silk) until someone is interested in buying it"

And "look after your rug and it will look after you".
KAD Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 1:18:26 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Anyone buying a rug should understand that investing in rugs is a difficult thing. If you want to sell a rug, you must find someone who likes its design, color and needs the size just the time you are selling. It is often hard to find a customer as private seller if you need one. Only way is selling at cheap price. Looking at the development of prices in Iran, India and Pakistan for new rugs, I am sure there will be quite a rise in prices for used ones. As you mentioned, an old worn rug will never turn into a great investment. But watching the international auction houses will let you see that rugs are picking up in price. I think it is not a bad idea to buy fine persian rugs like Qum, Tabriz 50 raj and finer, Isfahan and Ilam. We are not at the end of prising prices.
Art Oriental - Djoharian fine oriental rug, since 1967
Ludwigstr. 21 97816 Lohr, Bavaria - Germany
https://www.the-rug-store.de
https://www.facebook.com...TeppicheArtOrientalGmbh
https://www.instagram.com/djoharian_collection/