Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dream Silk Rug
Ecotia Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 3:40:01 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I saw my dream rug today. I loved everything about it- the colors "glowed" and exactly in my favorite colors. It was a beautiful silk Qum, in blue and an almost glow in the dark purple. It had the smallest most detailed animals- elephants, camels, horses pulling carts, people and more. They were so small and detailed it looked it'd been drawn with a pen. The border was blue with this beautiful white ticking and it was signed, and supposedly identified as a commissioned piece and made by the grand master weaver, 900 kpsi, he said it had some 28 colors... just amazing and everything I've always envisioned as my perfect rug. A lot of it may have been sales pitch BS, but it really was a beautiful piece. But it was just too expensive and not being an expert- or even half-educated in values, I just couldn't buy it. I know this will always be the one that got away, I loved it so much Brick wall

Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 8:06:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

that's how it goes with rugs! gotta grab the ones you like if you can, do you have pictures? forum should be of good help if so
Ecotia Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 9:33:00 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

He wouldn't let me take a photo on the spot- (it was at a special bazaar) he offered to come to my house and would let me take them but I wasn't comfortable with that. I may go up to Tokyo to his shop. I would really like to have someone with more experience than I do make a comment on it. I asked to take the photos with the plan to post it on here for price estimates. To me it is just so beautiful, but it's "a lot of money for something decorative" my husband says.