Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fairfax2b0w shill bidding!
fredgrower Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:23:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

(the person who started this post removed his post)...With ebay you never know, but if you look at all his feedback you will see many of the same names coming up over & over (doubt if the same people are buying/winning that many auctions), this sellers rugs look and sound great, but with expensive shipping and some bad feedback, you are really taking your chances...bid what you want to pay, there are other real people bidding too (some may think I'm not for real either with my crazy buying)...I saw you won the rug, did you receive it?
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

fredgrower Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:56:12 PM(UTC)

(removed post said he won the rug, but never received it, had to file a claim with ebay)...That's horrible! I wondered how he could keep posting these really nice looking rugs starting at $9.99...I would have never thought he would go so far as to not even ship them:( Sad there has to be people out there like this,,,too bad eBay can't kick him off!
nmiesen Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:34:24 PM(UTC)

This EBAY seller Fairfax2b0w likes to post rugs for $9.99 and then charge up to $189 for shipping. If you go to EBAY and search the words SUPER SUPER (ALL IN CAPS), he apparently also is dcrugs, ekpersianrugs, greatfallsdecoratorcenter, washingtondcruggallery2010. They all turn up similar looking ads and the descriptions are ALL WRITTEN IN CAPSShhh .
haffaj Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:11:37 PM(UTC)

Anyone buy from fairfax2b0w? Just curious if he/she sends the rugs out and what condition they are in.
bukhara Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 4:22:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member, Dealers

I bought from them 2 carpet. no problems. But you should know what you are buying.
ufuk Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:12:50 AM(UTC)

it is always a good idea to check the sellers on Ebay and if you are suspicious about shill bidding just report it to ebay. Recently someone in UK got prosecuted for shill bidding and if my memory serves me correctly he got a custodial sentence. OUCH!!!, similar looking ads are not so uncommon as useless sellers that can not create their unique selling point copy one and other and damage their reputation as well as others. I have sold over 2000 items on ebay, not all rugs though and copy cats are 10 a penny.