Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Carpets on carpets (what type of pads to use)
fredgrower Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:57:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

I know rug pads were discussed before, but could someone post some images or links to a type of pad I should use on top of thick carpet to keep a thin rug from moving. Thanks!
1 user thanked fredgrower for this useful post.
rugrusher on 11/29/2013(UTC)
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

Little-Persia Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:50:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Can't actually find the image before but we've had stuff before which was supposedly for between carpet and rug. We never got any complaints using it but apart from that I can't really vouch for it as we never had a way of testing it.

Rather than a solid sheet of fleece-like material it was a more mesh/grid-like.
netjim Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:12:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

I have used this several times/places and have sold this many many times.
Keeping in mind that nothing is absolutely going to stop all movement, this has been the best option I have found.
http://www.vantageindust...dID=45&Category=Rug Pads

fredgrower Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 10:20:22 AM(UTC)

I just installed some of this Vantage miracle rug pads (mentioned above)...worries me a bit, as it's pretty sticky...had anyone had a problem with the residue coming off on the rugs or carpet, if so, how do you clean it off?
k_a_od Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:01:40 AM(UTC)

I had the same question...does the Vantage Miracle Hold pad come in an 8x10 size? The largest I have found so far is 5x8. Or, since part of my rug is under a queen size bed, is the pad thin enough to just put under the areas that are not under the bed where they will see traffic? If 8x10 is available, can you let me know from what retailer? The place I bought the rug from does not carry this type of pad. Thank you.
fredgrower Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:45:58 AM(UTC)

You can buy online, rugpadselect is just one place, I bought mine at Lowe's...it does leave a sort of sticky residue, but is very thin. I did go with another pad which is felt-like on one side and rubber on the other, I like this one a lot more, it's easier to put down and roll up when vacuuming.
k_a_od Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:54:24 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Fred. We also since posting decided to go with another pad that sounds like what you describe, after internet research we went with the Movenot brand rugpad. We also thought the No-Muv sounded good, but that was more expensive.
Aiken Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:16:28 AM(UTC)

Using pads under rugs can keep sliding and continue the existence of both your rug and the structure on which it is settled. There are different types of rugs pads…

Recycled European Rug Pads

This rug pad contains recycled materials that are soil and change non-absorptive, non allergenic and do not contain any odor.

Jute and Impermeable Rug Pads

A recycled European and untied prophylactic rug pad is perhaps one of the superfine non slue rug pads forthcoming. This type of pad protects the rug and the flooring patch also adding a non stalk office.

Ingenuous Distort Non Mischance Rug Pads

The general non miscue rug pads with holes are disposable in a few materials. Choices in this type of non glide rug pad are pads prefabricated from polyester, latex, material, PVC and a fertilizer essence.
rugrusher Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 12:58:37 AM(UTC)

I am currently experiencing the same instance and am glad that I found this rug question, thank you fredgrower.