Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

That dreaded word ....
huruburu Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:50:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Kashan! Okay, I am still wedded to the idea of a Kashan-design 9 X 12 (max) rug in the library of my plain inner-city Victorian house. I did have a Craigslist Ardakan for a while but I returned it because I saw it had been reduced at both ends. Now I know Kashans are out of fashion, and poor quality Kashan-designs are a dime a dozen. But for a stubborn person who just likes an old-fashioned maybe generic big proud old rug for her library, and for children to throw themselves down on, can anyone give advice on where and how to look? I don't want to spend more than $1,000. I'd like it to have plenty of dark and light blue in it. I don't mind repairs, and can live with uneven sides and width if I know about irregularities in advance. I don't mind if it's new, or an Ardakan, though I would ideally like 150+ kpsi. The sellers for these rugs seem to be the big eBay dealers in New York and North Carolina. It can feel like entering the jaws of the lion heading there. But rug stores are less likely to have this kind of rug. And, although I watch Craigslist in several states, they don't come up that often. I'm sorry to introduce this unglamorous topic + will be grateful to anyone willing to engage.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access