Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another Palace Rug
RugPro Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:41:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

1 user thanked RugPro for this useful post.
quietboy on 9/14/2014(UTC)
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KrowGyrl Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:49:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Wouldn't you just love to see the delivery trail on those puppies? :) On second thought, never mind.
Tabriz Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:36:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

no good on this sadaam rug. i saw one guy he had this sadaam rug he called it that was a machine made rug on ebay for $100 thousand and it was a machine made rug. I do not know why thise people waste money on posting like this unless they are in making fun of these other sellers who exaggerate. I saw this guy with the sadaam prayer rug for 100 k did not have any other item to sell on ebay, just this one rug so must have been in jest. silly, no one will buy and waste of money. nice avatar rugpro and krow
KrowGyrl Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:02:27 AM(UTC)

I do not know why thise people waste money on posting like this unless >>>>

They are hoping, and they are sometimes right, that there are morons out there with more money than brains. Someone can tell their friends they have a carpet that came out of Saddam's palace and there are plenty of people who would want to believe it.

I have a necklace from Afghanistan I bought prior to the Soviet invasion from the guy I have spoken about before who had the shop in California. I paid $45 for the necklace in 1972. It was/is lovely. But a guy with a high end shop had one just like it, not exactly but very, very similar, that he had in his shop advertised as having come out of the dowry of princess so-and-so. I told my friend at my shop and he laughed and said ..... that guy (whom he knew personally) bought the "dowry necklace" of the princess so-and-so out of the same cardboard box that my friend had bought mine, and there was no story on any of it. Other than what each seller wanted to make up as he headed out of the merchants shop. But I swear, for the savy, these stories are part of the fun when you hear them and I have to laugh.
androckaway Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 5:33:19 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Genius!!!
RugPro Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:34:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

hahaha, Why didn't I think of that! I can't understand how some of these people can do this and rest ok about it. I know it sounds a little lame, but I really cant bring myself to misrepresent an item.
KrowGyrl Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:07:31 AM(UTC)

but I really cant bring myself to misrepresent an item. >>>>

Exactly! Because you know, and other people know too. There is another store in Cold Spring NY that sells cutsey high tech housewares, candles, that kind of thing. I have bought from him. He also has a few things with ridiculous stories on them and high prices. One was a pair of gargoyle plaster sconces that he claimed were 19th century and was asking $750 bucks for. I had seen the exact same ones at TJ MAXX for $20 the pair. I know they were the same because I have a keen eye. I also saw the same SEAM on the back where the cement was poured. How shameless! Then, a few months ago, we actually saw this guy in TJ MAXX with a cartload of stuff from the home goods department, including a pair of lamps that I had bought the same pair a week earlier for $100. I need to get up there to see what he is charging. But he just looks sleezy and slimy to us now. This is why I am very keen on educating myself with the rugs. I would rather give the damn things away than look like that to people in NYC for misreprsenting the rugs, even innocently, as I too would never dream in a million years of scamming anyone.