Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Good eBay experiences.
ConchoBill Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 7:46:32 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

My wife and I bought 4 rugs from the RugRunner Auction on eBay. I feel like they were good experiences. The Koliai rug that we bought is a nice big rug, with very good pile but it is evident that it was not woven by a terribly expert weaver. On the other hand, the Malayer and the Goltough rugs that we bought seem really, really nice. The Malayer (and the Koliai) seem very traditional for those sorts of rugs. The Goltough, which may be an odd Hamadan ( I hope not), is pretty modern looking, and very unique, but the weave does seem to be different from the very nice Hamadan rug we bought in Santa Fe.

We also bought an "Afgan Kazak" from ec Liquidations, and it is ok. It is wool on wool foundation, and as has been pointed out, the wool foundation is not as stable as cotton. It is here in my office, but I do think it is a pretty hight kpsi. We also bought a super pretty modern balouch prayer rug from Antique Rug. It is really the prettiest of these rugs I have seen, bought it for $35.00 shipped, and it is really nice. Again, I have not seen another one like it, and it was the first rug I bought.

We have 2 store rugs, and the Kazak rug is very, very nice, but we paid a good deal for it.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access