Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

eBay Bokhara Item 190213499233
RugPro Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 7:55:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

This is not made in Iran, it appears to my eye to be an import from Pakistan. Knot count was stated as 280, which I highly doubt. This particular type of design carpet usually features an open faced symmetrical knot, which is also known as a ghiordes knot. Often times people mistake the other side of the symmetrical knot as an entirely separate knot to count. This isn't correct.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KrowGyrl Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:58:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Yeah, I have one just like it in grey and black that I bought knowing it was Pakistani. It was very inexpensive but has a nice look and will appeal to the impulse buyer in my booth. But I can see what you mean, it has the exact look and feel and even more (call it flakey) the vibe of it is exactly the same as mine, they look like from the same set. Like you'd go into WalMart and there's the same rug in several colors. If it IS just like mine, no way on this planet it has 280KSI.
Tabriz Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:12:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

they make this in many quality but this is no 280 as you sayed krow. bukhara is great design, but these quality like these is not iran, buy maybe someone likes. price is close to retail, i see these rug with this dead wool that shed and is coarse like wires and dry. may not be the case here, but still no iran rug