Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

new to the forum
jesse Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:55:14 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

hi, my name is jesse and i'm a rug newbie and very new to the forum, i hope to learn alot from you folks on the craft. I recently started a rug directory blog for rug resources, if you have time please take time to submit your site to be listed, it's free. thanks

http://1001-rugs.com
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:22:04 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

hi jesse, welcome to the forum!

this is an interesting site you have. I wonder do you have affiliation with 1001persianrugs.com or any other sites? additionally, will this always be a free site?
KrowGyrl Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:07:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Greetigs Jesse ...

Make yourself at home and have fun. We talk a lot when we have questions. Just poke us.
:d/
jesse Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 12:11:38 AM(UTC)

thanks for the warm welcome. just reading along and would ask questions when something pops up. no affiliations with 1001persians, actually it started as a blog that i turned into a directory, it's a work in progress, keeping it free.
ufuk Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:16:04 AM(UTC)

Hi Jesse,
I've just joined to rugrag too but instead of starting a new topic i thought i just put my bit in here. I have a cleaning and restoration business and been going for about a year now. And yes, just submitted to your directory.
Best of luck with your directory.
Ufuk
RugPro Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:54:24 AM(UTC)

Welcome to the forum :d/
mosaic08 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:21:13 PM(UTC)

...sorry, i'm gonna hi-jack this forum post, too. i just saw this "introductions" section and thought i'd give a line or two...

...i'm an architect (not licensed yet, but soon!) in the chicagoland area focused on preservation/restoration. i also teach a course in residential and commercial architecture at the local community college as an adjunct... i have a wife (who's also an architect) and a little 6th month old who is the cooliest, ever...we also live in a 1934 english tudor revival bungelow in a historic town....

...i got into rugs on a really great purchase of a large, green kerman for 50 bucks (or somewhere around there) that was actually worth some money. i found this out from the wonderful people who contribute to this site regularly. and because of this great find, plus my general love/interest in quality antique/mid-century designed/handmaid/etc. things, i have pretty much been hooked on finding other similar rugs on the cheap...i have had some success w/ other kermans (a couple of runners and a small piece), but i am still in seach of a 8x10ish antique sarouk to fit within our dining room...

...obviously i can't contribute much to this site in terms of rug knowledge, but if someone needs any architectural services, please let me know...

RugPro Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:11:12 PM(UTC)

Mosaic,

the kermans you have were absolutely good deals. I have to say, even though we give the icksnay on the some pieces, you really bring some awesome listings to the forum and have a good eye. cool to hear about you. I always wanted to go into architecture myself... oh well Brick wall
mosaic08 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 4:36:07 PM(UTC)

...no, you really don't want too...especially now :) man, i know of at least 15 people who have gotten laid-off in the last couple of months and it's only going to get worse... it's really a tough profession (obviously not that you nor anyone else couldn't do it) that is so in synce w/ the economy that once it goes down, the work is sure to follow... yes, it can be rewarding (ya know, see something you've drawn actually get built), but the time you spend in education, working for nothing, and the nine 4-6 hour exams you have to pass to become licensed, i understand why the profession is hurting...

i teach so i can be diversified in my income, plus it's something i'd like to do full-time one day...man, i'd really like my summers off!!!! of course so i could hit all the auctions to find more rugs!!! just think, if i were a lawyer, i'd have my sarouk by now!!!!

b.
#10 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 11:05:49 PM(UTC)
Groups:

mosaic08 wrote:
...sorry, i'm gonna hi-jack this forum post, too. i just saw this "introductions" section and thought i'd give a line or two...

...i'm an architect (not licensed yet, but soon!) in the chicagoland area focused on preservation/restoration. i also teach a course in residential and commercial architecture at the local community college as an adjunct... i have a wife (who's also an architect) and a little 6th month old who is the cooliest, ever...we also live in a 1934 english tudor revival bungelow in a historic town....

...i got into rugs on a really great purchase of a large, green kerman for 50 bucks (or somewhere around there) that was actually worth some money. i found this out from the wonderful people who contribute to this site regularly. and because of this great find, plus my general love/interest in quality antique/mid-century designed/handmaid/etc. things, i have pretty much been hooked on finding other similar rugs on the cheap...i have had some success w/ other kermans (a couple of runners and a small piece), but i am still in seach of a 8x10ish antique sarouk to fit within our dining room...

...obviously i can't contribute much to this site in terms of rug knowledge, but if someone needs any architectural services, please let me know...

O Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

lol

PS Welcome!
DotGirl Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:20:07 AM(UTC)

Hi, I recently discovered your forum and really like the Rug Identification and Authentication services as well as all of the resources. I really like consumer advocate sites and plan on using it a lot now that I know about it.

I wanted to introduce my new site... www.rugdots.com. Rug Dots are high quality rug pads that are manufactured in 35" and 11.4" circles to fit any size rug. It's a fairly new product and they work really well. My site has also got some pretty good articles about things to know when buying a new rug at www.rugdots.com/ArticlesAndInfo.html . I'm always looking for feedback to improve on them. Thanks.
xena Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 7:42:49 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone,

Recently I was searching for rug forums, and find this one. Applause I would like to learn more about rugs so I'm here, hope we can help each other. Warm welcome to all newbies.
Thank you!
KrowGyrl Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 4:01:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Welcome Xena! Be sure to browse around on the Rug Rag main site. There are a lot of great articles and links. Tea and Csarpets is one of my favorites ....

russellyndon Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:00:05 AM(UTC)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. And looking forward to have a nice interaction in future.

RugPro Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 7:04:45 PM(UTC)

Welcome to the Forum Russell. we look forward to your contributions