Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another Ruggie Says Hi
Nathan K. Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:20:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Hey everybody, I just noticed this area of the forum, so I'm a little late getting here. Hello!
My name is Nathan Koets, and I'm a rug washer from west MI. I guess you can say I'm obsessed with rugs, so I feel pretty lucky to able to make a living doing something that I love. My dad started our family cleaning biz in 1972, but we've only been specializing in rugs since about 1994. I've gone to almost every rug cleaning and rug ID school there is (and even taught a few), but I always try to stay in "learning" mode. We're different from most multi-generation rug plants in a several ways. We are low volume. We submersion wash by hand, using the Auserehlian system (as opposed to automated "conveyor-style" machinery). We have no employees, just our family. We also welcome our customers to tour our shop - we're proud of what we do and how we do it!
Hobbies? I work out when I can, and take self-defense classes twice/week. I like electronics, gadgets and the Internet. I used to hunt but now I've swapped the gun for a camera. I like to cook, and used to work in a kitchen. I LOVE to travel, as each culture I visit seems to have it's own textile history. (In a few weeks, I'm off to Israel/Jordan for 21 days! Yahoo!!!)
I'll do my best to answer any rug cleaning or ID posts I see, and I'll be asking my share of questions too (I am weak when it comes to valuations). As a former council member of the National Institute of Rug Cleaning, I know a lot of quality rug cleaners across the US and a few around the world. If you want to find a trustworthy cleaner near to you let me know. (Barry O'Connell also has a comprehensive trusted resource list on www.spongobongo.com)
I'm excited to have found this fantastic forum! Thanks RugRag!

NK
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

btuma6 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:15:48 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Welcome Nathan sounds like you have a great combo of love and experience
RugPro Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:52:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

welcome, welcome! I'm enjoying your responses Nathan!