Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sudden Arrival, Remain Calm
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:37:49 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Well.....I came home and Carlos, on lobby duty---good I put big money in his xmas envelope, right?--- said, U HAVE GIANT PACKAGE, he showed me...we will bring up in service elevator. WUT???????? I doubt they even got the check yet.....and even if they did, could Not possibly have cashed it. First I thought, OK, Barack has send himself to me in giant carton, I knew he would do this, OK? But then that did not make total sense lol So I was like, OMG it must be the Jillyrug!!!!!!!!!

Larry=amazing. Larry=Real Professional. Giant box, plastic around her inside. .....she was perfectly folded and rolled and bound.

I must do series of edits as things progress, pretend this is SIMPLY RIVETING, OK. Everyone sing "WE will, WE will.. RUG U!" hahahahahah

Fist, Pro wit his eye right, she is tea washed....but I don care, when he said, I knew he was right tho said I dun think so. To the extent I have been able to catch early glimpses---MAYBE there is some glitch somewhere....can't unfold giant rug in foyer, duh.....she is deeper than she appeared In the pics I was HOPING FOR THIS, and so far, my take is, she is simply GORRRGEOUS!!! Appears in perfect shape, lush, full pile, very high kpsi, so far, she looks almost VIRGINAL, THO not at all like Madonna (lol).....tho I must examine all of her. I am in sightly altered state, OK? cause I thought maybe next week.

I would like to add.....the BORDER is bleeping SPECTACULAR!!!!!!! Can't really see field in entirety yet, not even significantly.

First, I must deal with getting the garbage rug... now weeping softly, let us bow our heads...I mean this is great sadness for it, remember.....outta this room.

I did coupla initial pics cause wut is more important on the planet right now than THIS, right? LOL
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0286.JPG (1,524kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
DSCN0288.JPG (1,545kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSCN0289.JPG (1,599kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Jilly attached the following image(s):
DSCN0435.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:45:39 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Congrats Jilly, Looks great! more pics plz!!!
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:52:39 AM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Congrats Jilly, Looks great! more pics plz!!!

YO...Pro is ON THE CASE! pls give me some time....I must do orchids, emails and prepare for evening work.....which I wish to hell I could get out of but I can not. But MAINLY.... I must figure out wut to do with the poor garbage rug.

U really think form initial pics she is amazing? Cause I think so far, she is AMAZING. And the pile appears full and very dense.

I could get my tin snips---or my CIRCULAR SAW and just cut garbage rug up. I am kidding.....I SWEAR I WAS KIDDING.

(I see email notification is fixed, yay!!!)
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:28:24 PM(UTC)
Groups:

She needs vacuuming a little. I think pile pretty much consistent....can not wait to see her down in LR and with the light puring in....but will have to. She is truly amazing....I did the wool test she passed....people IMing me and calling.....I need to focus, OK? this.....is very, very very well made, very gorgeous, very powerfully sturdy puppy!!!! Takes time to absorb things, esp not in living room, but I see no evil things lke color run or abrash tho din expect to........boy she is SUMTHIN!!!! So far, no giant globs. And the wool FEELS amazing. I am sure she is Indo. Yes like Joe mission's far less gorgeous one for more money---like 2K plus shipping tho he offered make offe....r I had forgotten but Pro remembered, incredibly.

Efficiency rocks. I just sent Roxanne email re OMG and just pasted a link to this thread. then forwarded it to Daneil who made me promise I would.

My take given all I have learned and seen.....she is worth every penny I paid.....plus she speaks MY ESSENCE AND PERSONALITY.....I swear....even my mother would LOVE THIS RUG!!!! Until she got it is not antique. Then she would have set it on fire.
Will make more interim pics.....turn the phones off.

Know how many recently made Indo Sarouks I have seen? 4 gazillion. Not Once anything even close to this. I MEAN IT. Only other one I liked was the bright 6 X 9 one Nancy offers still.....I think close to 1K for that. One of their "not worth cleaning" new Indos. OMG

I think I will need to use the Miele wit da power head on her.....maybe just initially. Do one major vacuum.....it will not hurt her.

I'm a little slammed so haven counted yet but made some ruler pics.

Just got....this should be in "Show 'em Yr Knots."
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0291.JPG (1,562kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
DSCN0292.JPG (1,668kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSCN0293.JPG (1,542kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
DSCN0294.JPG (1,614kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
DSCN0295.JPG
DSCN0296.JPG
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:52:56 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Gott do ruler pics ovah....sorry, I am in hurry.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0297.JPG (1,510kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
DSCN0298.JPG (1,541kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
DSCN0299.JPG (1,646kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:09:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

When Pro U have time....I am now confused. First this puppy has I think triple ply. At least, double ply. I blew up and counted I nowwwwww get 234 KPSI. What DOES ALL THIS MEAN????

I now think not Indo. Jilly=con-FUSED!!! WUT DOES ALL THIS MEAN???? WHY DOES PUPPY HAVE SO MUCH WOOL?????? So many PLYS-whys???? Not as if it is not densely knotted, OK? Where is Jillyrug FROM? Is THERE SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH WOOL???

I mean she is so healthy and pliable but sturdy....but I think she has too much wool!

How come kpsi keep CHANGING? I put turquoise dots on last image.....I no longer even know the count of this. I shall await sanity and accuracy, INFORMATION..... and all related stuff.

I get 13 along the wefts and 18 in other direction. Unless I am totally off which I prolly am. Each knot with many plys. I need to remain calm and focus totally on clients for 6 hour, in job crisis, loosing 401Ks in relationship crisis. I do not get paid to count knots, OK? Or try to figure this rug out. She is gorgeous but very mysterious now.
File Attachment(s):
I Yam confused.JPG (1,302kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
jillyrug1.jpg
jillyrug.jpg
RugPro Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:21:36 PM(UTC)

lol, don't think you broke the site quite yet. looks to me about 221 KPSI or so. if you want to get exact, measure three different areas not closer than 1' to the border, maybe one area in the field. I think you did well jilly, it's a great looking rug. In my opinion, it's not pakistan as they thought. I'm pretty sure this is Indian very cool. A KEEPER

what a journey!
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:27:29 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
lol, don't think you broke the site quite yet. looks to me about 221 KPSI or so. if you want to get exact, measure three different areas not closer than 1' to the border, maybe one area in the field. I think you did well jilly, it's a great looking rug. In my opinion, it's not pakistan as they thought. I'm pretty sure this is Indian very cool. A KEEPER

what a journey!

No, I am tellin ya....the site....is BROKEN. The buttons are gone. They.....have LEFT. Pro.....the count has changed. Now it is 17 X 13.
It changes. The count. Pro.....why does it have double or triple ply? My garbage rug is Indo and it does not have that. but I will say, the knots gleam as if they are healthy.

I think I should get my circular saw down and cut up the garbage rug. I am kidding. It is a Craftsman and it is very good circular saw.

Wait, THE SITE GOT FIXED!!!!! Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Now see this? Everyone was like DO NOT DO THE LIVE AUCTION, it is insane.......but that is where The Jillyrug was WAITING FOR ME! Not on ebay, not locally.....it was in MA wit Roxanne and Susan.....and UPS store Larry who is at that gallery at least twice a week.....and boy, can this guy pack stuff!!! And I don mean Glocs.

And truth be told....is this not waaaaaaaay nicer that the kinda similarr rug Joe offered?????? I mean waaaaaay nicer? I just need to know why it has all the plys. I have never seen this in person, and you can only see it really in the pics at full size.
Edit: Just need to add, I am hugely relieved to feel U like it and feel it is worthy. I mean it. also wanna say the obvious: had I not found this community and joined and commended uber, distilled learning instead of sleeping.....no way, no how would I ever have found this rug, known enough about what it might be....much less ended up with it.

I am completely serious. Also profoundly grateful.

But now, after it is down and in her proper place of honor.....also with a rug pad under it, soon....I will not let anyone walk on it. Everyone can just look at it, and that's it. And I will only use the Milele wit da power head on it once. Thereafter.....not the powerhead. I learned that from my mother.

#9 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:22:50 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Slow tonite.....I am grateful! Just looked at outside of carton....Larry almost nailed it=96 pounds. How impressive is he? I luv Larry. Also Roxanne. Also Stantons. Also.....THIS RUG.

And this site.

RugPro Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:31:08 PM(UTC)

with the yarn ply, this can vary a lot. I would say this rug is 1 or two, but I would really have to see more areas. some colors may have different ply than others, I've seen it, but it's not as common. the other thing to remember is that the wool has to end somewhere when spinning two cords of yarn together. One is going to end sooner than the other, then get picked up again with yet another strand and then another...
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:25:31 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
with the yarn ply, this can vary a lot. I would say this rug is 1 or two, but I would really have to see more areas. some colors may have different ply than others, I've seen it, but it's not as common. the other thing to remember is that the wool has to end somewhere when spinning two cords of yarn together. One is going to end sooner than the other, then get picked up again with yet another strand and then another...

OK jus saw this......it got way busy at eve work. Now, I am 84% positive, Pro---just made that number up--- every knot of this rug is double ply. I think not triple. They are all double. They look exactly like the double ply in the very sharp pic of that on this site's tutorial addressing plys. Without those pics I would never have noticed.

I think I need to take more pics. I mean this sleazoid tiny camera is 8 MP. But booklet says you can only get 3" away in macromode from the subject.

My former camera was only 3 MP and no zoom, either optical or digital.....but it was not over engineered, overpriced garbage The garbage rug has one ply knots. I am almost positive this has two and it is discernible. I do not think it is not tightly twists one ply.

"The yarn has to end somewhere." U mean sheep aren't infinite? That....is too BHAAAAAD. LOL I iwll made more pics to illustrate this.

Can I use the power head on the Miele vac on this rug? She is very strong. I do not think it will hurt her. Will it? The rotating bristle thingy?
u WON BELIEVE THIS.....this garbage Nikon is NEW....SUDDENLY....sumthing wrong with it....it suddenly makes a grinding NOISE and doesn't focus consistently. All electronics are now crapoid. I mean it. I will B back.
I made 9 images, 4 were blank, others blurry. This camera is sick. I can hear new sick NOISE.. Now I gotta go thru the mess of sending it back. One was OK. I circled knots. Do these not appear clearly double ply? Don't ALL OF THEM APPEAR DOUBLE PLY???? In a million years nobody could see this with the naked eye.
jilly.jpg
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 12:53:11 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I will upload images just made of Jillyrug... finally in initial position on floor, not close to final... which, in person is spectacular. Also, everyone says, entirely unique. Nobody will ever know how abysmal these are. I mean....incredibly terrible. This camera is disgusting. In person, rug is whole other color. field details perfect and visible.....right now this is the best I can do with the cameras I have.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0359.JPG (1,714kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSCN0360.JPG (1,609kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:17:20 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Wait! I think I got a better one! I put exposure compensation down to almost the bottom. Still pathetic, but not AS pathetic!

Wait.....one more just made of corner....still not accurate depiction but with this camera that will nevah happen. Heads up....the pile appears lighter & darker in pics depending on the wAY the nap is brushed, it also changes with the light...IT LOOKS LIKE VELVET. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS RUG.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0367.JPG (1,565kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
DSCN0369.JPG (1,572kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
nannab Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:49:45 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Exquisite !! I'm ecstatic over your finery and we like nice stuff, Jilly. Congrats, and dance on that baby - enjoy

Tonight I'll pretend I have one too but when I wake up from slumberland in morning someone came through my house and loved it even more LOL

nannab :-) Applause Applause Applause Applause
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:35:05 PM(UTC)
Groups:

nannab wrote:
Exquisite !! I'm ecstatic over your finery and we like nice stuff, Jilly. Congrats, and dance on that baby - enjoy

Tonight I'll pretend I have one too but when I wake up from slumberland in morning someone came through my house and loved it even more LOL

nannab :-) Applause Applause Applause Applause

I just saw this....gotta say, considering the source, I am blown away....U upped by happy to the SKY!!! BLESS YOU!!!! Cept my friends do not wanna take off their shoes. Another reason.....they are my friend. lol I will normalize soon. Right now, I am charging admission. lol

Oddly, I DO DANCE....when I clean and vacuum. If I didn't.....I would never do those thing. I am serious.

Thank U.....this means a lot. Applause Why there isn't a simple smilie smile.....I do not know.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:44:40 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I figured out my evil little camera makes almost decent pics when the flash is in no way engaged. So I took some of my amazing new rug in natural light I think may be fairly clear and will upload them. They even depict the accurate color. Almost.

Also, a building staff member found a BOOK IN THE GARBAGE when I wasn't around & he left it for me.....it appears almost unused and is wonderful.....tho the timing of this find is not perfect, lol. I made a pic of it. I also Googled it. Am pretty sure it is mentioned here.

File Attachment(s):
DSCN0432.JPG (1,410kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSCN0442.JPG (1,632kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
DSCN0430.JPG
DSCN0435.JPG
Nathan K. Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:25:07 PM(UTC)

Nice rug, Jilly. Looks like good color & construction. I've seen the two-ply thing with some Hamadan rugs too. I think it's just a "tightness of the spin/ply" thing, but it doesn't seem to negatively affect longevity.

NK
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:48:31 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Nathan K. wrote:
Nice rug, Jilly. Looks like good color & construction. I've seen the two-ply thing with some Hamadan rugs too. I think it's just a "tightness of the spin/ply" thing, but it doesn't seem to negatively affect longevity.

NK

Hey!

Thanks for yr feedback, yr energy and yr data! Soon I may let people walk on it with shoes. But not before Global Warming. lol

You sound very sharp, very knowledgable......also generous. Applause

I think I may not have uploaded an image of the book a staff guy found and gave me, it is ORIENTAL CARPET DESIGN by P.R.J. Ford. Tt is huge and it looks as if nobody ever even opened it. And OMG, some of the items in museums take yr breath away. Just the section about knots is grad level....all above my pay grade, but I am thrilled to have this item.

Thanks again!
Nathan K. Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:58:03 PM(UTC)

Sweet! That's only like the mother of all rug books!! Think I paid $75 or so for mine... so you'd best stuff that person's Xmas envelope as well. :)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm just a humble rug washer, but ID is an important part of our work (gotta spot the troublemakers don'tcha know!)
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:09:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Nathan K. wrote:
Sweet! That's only like the mother of all rug books!! Think I paid $75 or so for mine... so you'd best stuff that person's Xmas envelope as well. :)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm just a humble rug washer, but ID is an important part of our work (gotta spot the troublemakers don'tcha know!)

Humble rug washer my butt. lol You seek with joy, you get things and you retain them. It is yr default mode. It's fabulous. Can you teach this to GM???? lol

Seventy five dollars????? Cause on the dustjacket of this amazing book, it says $34.95. But it's a giant trade book, not really hard cover, so it is the cover flap, not a real dustjacket.

I took a pic of it and thought I uploaded it. It's boring but I will now.

This a very finely woven rug.....the wool is also fine. My antique Sarouk was the essence of sturdy, but it was not this finely woven and its wool was also not as fine.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0443.JPG (1,481kb) downloaded 3 time(s).