Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Soliticing More High End Rug Vendors to Our Validation
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:45:34 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Not sure where to post this, so here is what I came to.

Now.....since coming to like what is now officially called the Glob Rug.....including its fabulous and adorable vendor, he and I have been in email commuication....only sometimes centering on rugs. But unless I come to abhor the reality of an individual I am always moved to report say, if I end up with something else after having actively interested in one of their items. I mean it's just empathy-couirtesy, right? somone goes thru the trouble of making and sending a pic....U end up with another rug...U do Not just WALK AWAY.

Of late, I was moved to suggest this vendor, Daniel of NYC Rugs in Englewood, NJ.....come to the site and also have his rugs validated. I sent him explanation and links other day.....and so did RugPro after my sharing all this with him.

Earlier, I found last response from Daniel on this. I will paste it and then my response to it. Pls disregard things not rug related.....he and I are both huge Obama fans....tho he is not going to marry Obama and I am. Kidding.

i already mailed him I would make this thread. He is adorable. Course....I think everyone is going in....until I find out....OK< they are not. but daniel....is, open and shut. Integrity, sharp...a things I cherish in humans. He also has I think, some very good points to make in the email below. Very smart guy, Daniel is....and also emotionally healthly.

We need to get MARGINAL VENDORS ESP...Validated. We need to raise the bar from UNDER THE MUD. We need to morph this industry into what it ought to be, and for ALL INVOLVED, ok? I learn fast and have the "footnote" wounds to attest from first hand experience.

Thanks Jilly - you are very kind :-) Looks like a great site but I dont fully understand how they can "validate" a rug without seeing it in person.. In general if you know your rugs you can quickly see if an online vendor is full of BS or actually listing rugs in a true and honest fashion. Unless you are looking for something antique and unique I think an overall expert validation/feebdack of a vendor is enough. We deal with a high volume and (often) sell in bulk and it is not cost effective for us to spend lots of time on each rug.. does this make sense to you? If we dealt more with antique rugs and had a retail pricing we would def juice up our listings with fancy certificates etc :-) We have a good reputation and have sold close to 13,000 rugs online since -01... this brings us lots of great repeat customers and referrals.

It is great to hear your thoughts and I truly appreciate you taking the time to fill me in :-) We will def look into this a little bit more.. maybe we will get some of our rugs validated and see if it has any effect :-)

Did you get sleep after the speech last night? The poor republican looked and sounded like a little schoolboy following Obama :-)

Best regards,

Daniel - NYCrugs
Phone (201)541-2388
Fax (201)541-2389
info@nycrugs.com
Mon-Fri 9-5pm E.T
----- Original Message -----
To: cvmcd3@gmail.com
Cc: info@nycrugs.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:02 AM
Subject: Re: Validation links?

I found the links and sent them to him almost right after I asked you....then sent mail to you re that....I feel bad U went thru the trouble, Robert. I am copying adorable Daniel---wit da GLOB RUG U LUV--- this mail.
LOL (Hi, Daniel!!!)

Jilly

In a message dated 25-Feb-2009 1:46:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, (address deleted, bettah late than nevah) writes:
That's awesome that he seems like a good guy.

I guess the best thing to do would be show him an example and tell him to be in contact with dave info@rugrag.com

Here's are some samples I had access to:

http://www.rugrag.com/Au...mp;InventoryNumber=0101

http://www.rugrag.com/Au...mp;InventoryNumber=0102

http://www.rugrag.com/Au...mp;InventoryNumber=0101

The last one listed: It sold for just under $200, which is very impressive given the condition. The seller was really happy (was on the forum). From what I have seen it makes a big difference in consumer confidence.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM, <JillXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:

(PRO'S REAL GIVEN NAME DELETED JUST IN Case I SHOULD DO THAT HERE)

Just came home again and see mail from lovely Daniel of the Glob Rug.....the good NJ dealers. I am suggesting they get their rugs validated. ... cause real deal dealer deserve to harvest the goodies form this, OK? Now I can't find links. I have no idea why. When U have time.....could U pls point me so I can send them to him. the links to the validation tutorials. I already wrote the mail but now I can't find them.

DANIEL! That you thought of my responses to the speech.....forget got them right.....sooooo impressive! Daniel....I cried. The energy this human emenates inspires-generates-promulgates in everyone around his....I mean common.....it is whole new PARADIGM. He is NOURISHING; he is complex carbs vs refined. We are so lucky, Daniel!!!!!! Have U evah seen the like of him?

U can also see Hillary is in LUV!!!!! And Bill.....too smart not to pay respect, tho still...with relictance.....is wild with jealousy....someone more authentic, original, visionary, elegant, emotionally healthy and SMART.....THAN HE! Forget....CUTER!!!

Now....I have figured out the Great Indian Hope of the GOP from Louisiana....is a rabid lemur. See his eyes, Daniel? OK, seriously.....U nailed that too.

Now re certification.....they have gravitas.....they are high end industry people, real pundits and integrity driven.....is the only way I can respond to your excellent questions. I would also like to post this mail in a thread. Perhaps one of the co-founders or Rug Pro can address this beyond what I can! Cause it all deserves addressing, and I thank you for the questions.

I would follow up on Pro's suggestion and contact Dave....he is a Co-Founder of the whole thing. He has amazing rich with info videos on U-tube.....naturally, all about rugs. I have learned a ton from them. His user name is CLOUDBAND. I have learned that refers to a certain pattern in the border of some rugs.

Can we clone Barack? Make a gazillion of him in a Petri dish? See if you can figure that out....U R smart guy, Daniel. .....and yr Glob Rug will live in the vision of many....in perpetuity!!! We do luv the Glob Rug.....and I hope I don end up regretting choosing another over it.

Jilly

In a message dated 25-Feb-2009 10:40:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, info@nycrugs.com writes:
Thanks Jilly - you are very kind :-) Looks like a great site but I don't fully understand how they can "validate" a rug without

gotta go do evening work.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:50:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

I think it's great you're in communication with vendors. but I don't quite get this...

Jilly wrote:
Looks like a great site but I dont fully understand how they can "validate" a rug without seeing it in person.. In general if you know your rugs you can quickly see if an online vendor is full of BS or actually listing rugs in a true and honest fashion.

Rug Rag is not the seller. To me, I think it looks foolish when a seller "certifies" their own rugs. People want the consumer reports, people want the 3rd party. That's the big thing that sets these verifications apart. from what i am told, this is a free service for any vendor with 50-500 rugs in inventory.

What rug dealers don't get is they look at rugs so often, they don't understand that the public doesn't see what they see: a genuine hand knotted rug with verifiable characteristics. Rug Rag is basically willing and able to DO THE WORK for sellers like him!

Quote:
Unless you are looking for something antique and unique I think an overall expert validation/feedback of a vendor is enough.

I say, Feedback means junk Think - look at gallery99, they have great feedback 99.9% positive, but obviously a bogus sellerShame on you .

People are looking for something unique! Even with rugs in low investment range!

What makes an Daniel's inventory unique from the hundreds of thousands of rugs on eBay? this is no good So is this.

Daniel, if you have good merchandise and are willing to sell more merchandise, Propel your store into the new online market of selling authentic hand knotted rugs! Differentiate yourselves. There's no downside, plus, Rug Rag drives traffic. They are the fastest growing website about oriental rugs. I have seen the numbers and i have been impressed.

Times are tough for retailers, and reputable sellers could be making a lot more sales and stand out from the junk by working with these Rug Rag guys. Traffic = exposure = recognition = sales . Step up! these guys know what they're doing

Calling all sellers with morals & integrity

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:50:41 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Just saw this....my new RCN cable went out and their tech support is in some distant country whose name nobody knows. How much do we luuuuuv GLOBALIZATION???????? Woman, after I spelled things out forever, with my usual precision....hadda do it a gaizllion times, told me to do stuff I knew was waste of time and it was, then.....said she sent giant surge thru to reset my box from scratch, and said I hadda wait an hour for it to reload all its stuff, and I should not go near it to the TV until then.....helloooo coaxial technology!!! An Hour!!!! to see if it is fixed. Trust me, it will not be fixed, OK?

Apart from that and now seeing this, I ditto all of the above. What I believe you are missing, Pro....is, this is high end vendor and human. Not only did you fall in luv wit their Glob Rug....you even said it was fair price for it. And 18" globs do not come CHEAP, ok? (Last part was joke.)

I think the following they have earned .......they have EARNED. So they are doing well. That is wut I get from his mail...and for having a clear sense of hi as an individual now. Allso observe, Daniel is open to new things---like all smart and healthy people.....see what he says he may try.

I want my cable back, OK? I hate Time-Warner....but when I had their cable....this nevah happened.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:16:33 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OK I need to post apology to that RCN tech woman in some country nobody knows where it is, OK? Whatever she did, fixed it. I am stunned.
I was being self-protectively cynical......she said if din work she would have to send someone. Meaning I would have to be stick at home for big windows of time waiting for they guy.

All's well that ends well. I invented that saying and I also invented VELCRO, Ok? LOL