Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Precious Gifts Amy Bore
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:49:14 PM(UTC)
Groups:

The Precious Gifts Amy Bore

(Coda of http://forum.rugrag.com/...mp;m=3519&#post3519)

final part of above linked thread, when Pro asked me twice…when, what turned out to be the actual Amy had been here for 13 minutes, “what are you going to do with it?” I said, and felt certain…she is in my life to teach me stuff. Not sure yet wut the stuff is but I know it’s stuff…..so question is waay premature.

I also sensed this on some level when I bought her…and that this was a practice purchase I was moved to tho also, did not know all the reasons, but would. Has anyone any clue how precious it is to not only have been given all the laughter early on…but this level of learning, below for $170? It is amazing. In her real goodies….in what she brought, I would say, worth 10K.

I have…in only 24 hours….via Her presence, learned all of the below. This is fascinating phenomenon if U get it.

1) While Amy passed Robert’s rug Test, she dramatically failed the wool tests Jilly evolved. (For however long, this poor rug is mine and if I wanted to, I could even set it on fire, OK? Amy is a colorful Petri Dish Teacher. Bigtime. U think I am kidding? Read on.

1a) Jilly’s brutal wool tests: Instead of sleeping, I put Amy down on the floor over the garbage rug. Then I got the Miele vac and hooked up the POWER HEAD. Bad for even fine persian rugs…..but crucial in this little journey.
1b) when I looked in the Miele bag….I sacrificed one just for the test…real Miele bags expensive....tho I get them on eBay for little less..there was WOOL. Blech.
1c) thennn…..I upped the do not mess wit me, I am going to learn from you, this will only hurt a little...I wiped parts…..esp the medallion, with a damp sponge. Stuff came off. It was only partly grime, some of it I am sure, was DYE. Then I did bigger area. No saturation down to the base, mind U, just enough. THEN I DID THE ABRASION WITH HAND TEST…WITH THE PILE DAMP. BLECH. Big shedding. This rug has been treated in some way, I think…I felt this, and so dry test in this rug…worthless.
1d) Note: the rugs I grew up with…..Half a 20 gallon fish tank leaked onto the giant, gorgeous stunning one…my mom just used soap and water gently 7 rinsed and let dry…the rug did not blink thereafter. DID NOT BLINK. My rug as well. People spilled stuff, tracked stuff in…I did the same thing. Rug did not blink.

2) I was wrong about the hearty and sturdy. This rug has uneven pile….not, I think from wear, and, I finally saw, other little issues, including, yes I was wrong, color run of some kind, but most terrible of all, seeing her in the early morning light provided a shocking contrast to the overall feel of my rug and those I grew up with…..and even my garbage rug.

Some primitive I adore…pithy, unambiguous, celebratory, exultant. This primitve=BLECH AND EEEEWWWW. Looks as if they removed the wool from the sheep, BUT forgot to actually loom it.

This is, OMG, not exactly a fine carpet. By any measure. Tho I din expect one……but having all these data come in over time……thrills me intensely tho it also leads to new sadness.

3) The rug has heart & personality…it is trying very hard. But it can not EXCEED THE PARAMETERS of what it really is. And it really is unique & even wondrous in is design. But it is also garbage on levels I needed to experience first hand, OK?
4) In sunlight……the deep red which is actually attractive not in sunlight…..makes U wanna stab yrself. It is brilliant opaque and glaring. Not an X factor in sight.
4a) BUT…Experiencing this thing when I come in each time anew…confirmed that just this mass of color….instead of the necrosis of the garbage rug…..changed my brain chemistry for the better!!!!!! Along with the more precious things, that is also what the Sarouk did for everyone. Just this……was HUGE. BEYOND huge. Via this part, I also learned another part of my urgency to get a new rug. Ugly… is rug-specific…..and for me, colors are huge.

5) Making many new pics in all kinda light, at all settings re ISO and exposure compensation…..finally taught me that the abject misrepresentation of the main color in the posting…..probably did owe to their camera….think they shot it in sunlight too. and that reds are very hard to capture with fidelity. Tho the level of misrepresntation is still stunning.

6)BUT….AND HERE’S THE METAPHYSICAL FOUNDATION: I was meant to get this rug. I knew it when I was bidding on it. Amy is my Teacher. Happens all the time…..but only if you are not on some narrow, goal oriented pragmatic journey which robs you of the real goodies WITHIN the journey.

6) Next lesson her presence taught me: regardless of some of the vagaries….KNPSI MATTER BIGTIME!!!! I have never seen a rug with low kpsi in person!!!!!!

OMG it is palpable, visible on every level!
6a) The above HUGE. WHY/ Cause suddenly, I got all the rugs I am rabidly moved to scroll thru on ebay…thinking one might be My rug ……no MATTER HOW THEY APPEAR, NO MATTER THEIR RESPECTIVE WEAVES……ARE ESSENTIALLY MERDA.
6b) And that…..I got pain in tummy when it came in…might also include---THIS IS ONE OF THE NEW Sadnesses--- this too big Heriz I have fallen in lust with and was preparing to bid on! That one…like all data you earn…a blessing to now factor in, but also made my tummy hurt. Get this: it completely changed my entire assumptions and premises about eBay rugs!!!!!!! It was shocking. I now get more clearly, things Pro has said…and implied (accurately) and also wut Matt said on the phone: ….”Compared to the rug you had…these are NOTHING.”

Get now, learning is infinite and huge privilege, getting things on richer and deeper levels ongoing.

7) I have whole new size reference change4 from my very special teacher, Amy: My sarouk must have been like 9X over 12. The garbage rug slightly bigger than that...it is really too big. I was stuck in those measurements. I see the at least vivid and unique Amy….she is right behind me….,.with the margins of the garbage rug extending on all sides under her...try to delete the latter margins in my head…..having a SMALLER RUG…..LIKE 6+ X 9+…..IF IT IS THE RIGHT RUG…WOULD work!

8) I am bad at and despise selling things. I have no patience to post something on some site and endure queries and be stuck home waiting for people….forget hassling over money. Which people do, let’s face it. Even if you make very low asking price.
8a) I sent Jennifer in LA new pics. She was also shocked. I also told her some of its issues. I do not think I will send Amy to LA.

8b) Cutting out the shipping labels from the plastic, which was stupid and needless, I hurt the plastic it came in, now has big hole…I will need to find a way to put it in something to send her back, cause alas, I think that is what the next thing is….and thank goodness I have 30 days…..Well, I feel very, VERY bad for Amy now…more than yesterday…but I think that is what I will have o with My Precious Amy teacher Rug. Tiny, miniscule investment for so VERY MUCH invaluable stuff, I never would have owned on any REAL OR DEEP level without Amy coming to visit.

I am so deeply grateful to this very odd, and interesting, but also pathetic rug.
Did I not tell you I knew she came into my life to each me stuff?

And now it is all in. 24 hours. Mostly without thinking….just FOCUSING & letting things arrive. A huge distillation of vital Rug stuff, with Amy’s presence at the center generating every part I again, would NEVER HAVE OWNED. Amy isn't beautiful in the classic sense; she sure ain't quality.....but she is W9ONDERFUL. If i had some place to put her.....I would keep her. I kinda luv her, am so grateful to her....and I feel bad I dont have any place to put her.

Yes, boys and girls…..The Journey is not a means to ANY end….it is therein lurk the goodies……every second.
Edit...I gitta work now: note: I cou
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access