Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

eBay Item 330226210923 "Karastan"
RugPro Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 7:55:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Just want to clarify a Karastan rug is not an "Oriental Rug" by definition. Here's the link
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KrowGyrl Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 8:10:50 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Just want to clarify a Karastan rug is not an "Oriental Rug" by definition>>>

He he ... you mean everything that has the suffix "astan" or "istan" is not some mythical cloud hidden kingdom?
RugPro Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 8:21:17 AM(UTC)

LOL, I like looking at these eBay auctions, but it's a shame eBay doesn't really respond to too many of reports made regarding item descriptions. This one I wouldn't report, although others are so aweful, and they still don't respond. I personally think it's a big problem they have, there should be more responsibility on their part to reinforce accurate advertising.

It seems a little pointless playing semantics with these terms and posting this type of offense, but no matter how small, it still clouds the perception of potential buyers. The seller did do a good job on the condition information as well as photographs too tho, I have to hand them that...
KrowGyrl Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 8:38:55 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Yeah, I find the auctions interesting and great fun too. I don't own a TV and I think I have found a replacement in the eBay entertainment department. eBay has no motive for enforcing accuracy because that would diminish their income for fees on buying. sadly. I guess it's just like any other market. Know your merchandise and what is being offered or buy at your own discretion and sufer your own ignorance. I actually was "punished" on eBay for posting a bad review to someone who had flattly ripped me off, offered a product he did not have, took months to reply and longer still to offer a refund. I gave him a negative feedback, and he turned around and gave ME a negative feedback. I had paid instantly when I "won" his auction and never recieved the item. So I got a bad review. We mutually agreed to remove our bad reviews. So now even I have a grey donut and a blotch and he was able, with eBays approval, to blackmail me out of a negative feedback. That is really not good business. Like the guy with the yellow rug with the diamonds. He screwed me. But I did not want a bad review from him. So I left an okay review. "Intersting rug. that's all I said. And then I wrote him a scathing off list note, which he didn't care about but he will not do well on eBay, I can see that.
RugPro Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 9:13:38 AM(UTC)

That's annoying, talk about rug burn!