Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Another Sarouk With Deal Breakers
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:15:14 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I can guess what they would accept for this given the low asking price. Another odd size; I never heard of sawtooth borders defining the older sarouks, can't recall if ine had those, I think not....but I am too bourgeois not to want a rug with PILE. MINE HAD PILE, consistent and almost no low places, tho when new it was probably more. The huge one I sold had, I now realize, FULL PILE.....also, all my liFe, took a beating and never flinched. I was too ignorant to appreciate any of it at the time.

So the "good for its age" thingy which Pro raised justifiably, is HUGE......one can not assume level of wear from the age of a rug! If only I Knew earlier what I know now. Tant pis.

Did I already post this one? They are all merging today into a giant glop. Trying to learn too much too fast and seeing the complexity sometimes does that.http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574716523&toolid=10001&campid=5336111917&customid=Forum&icep_item=190281610776&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:12:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

This rug is worn as you stated. A lot of people like rugs with low/no pile nowadays. when i first got into rugs, I liked the really them too
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:13:02 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
This rug is worn as you stated. A lot of people like rugs with low/no pile nowadays. when i first got into rugs, I liked the really them too

How INTERESTING....that you initially liked them. Some old money tenets......NOT SO HOT, know what I mean? Humans ought neither worship nor FEAR THEIR RUGS! Rugs...must have PILE, ok? OR ELSE JUST PUT DOWN SOME BURLAP. end of story. Ratty is ratty, it has cache only if you IMBUE IT WITH THAT.

Remember, Doris Duke did not actually WALK ON HER RUGS. People lifted her over them......ambulating while PARALLEL, one on either side of the rug, & each bearing the end of some DEVICE.... with Doris elevated at its center.

THAT>...IS A fact, OK?

hahahahahahahahah