Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Pls see Lot 1470
#1 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 4:07:23 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Auction gallery in PA I never heard of. This "semi antique" Sarouk from a while back does not feel old to me, but it is unusual and I think, very pretty.

http://www.dargate.com/2.../248_images/248rugs.htm

I am beSOTTED....by hand KNOTTED.

But hardly all.
More from their site: "Please note:As of December 31, 2008, eBay will no longer offer live auctions. As a result we will be using Artfact Live Auctions for all future sales. We believe the new format will be easier and less cumbersome."

(We can get from the above, these are educated people.)
Jilly attached the following image(s):
1470.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:43:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

1950's rug. Could be Arak or even a lower grade Kerman. A lot of these ebay types end up at small auction houses too, that's why I'm sometimes wary
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:17:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
1950's rug. Could be Arak or even a lower grade Kerman. A lot of these ebay types end up at small auction houses too, that's why I'm sometimes wary

You are saying this is ebay level-TYPE rug? With that subtle verve? That sheen? I too am newly wary. It's very wearing. Tell me when Smoke & Mirrors become the OLD PARADIGM.

Now even more, I wanna see The Amy Winehouse Luri!!! Terrible should be UNALLOYED. Unashamed! UNOBFUSCATED. Am sure it got confiscated at customs at Canadian border. They saw it and knew nobody would actually buy it as a rug, it must be hiding fissionable material being smuggled to terrorist cell in my building.

I meaN it....when U expEct nothing, there is NO HEARTBREAK!!!!! Only LAUGHTER.
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:29:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:52:05 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
what is the amy luri?

OMG. OK, the Amy Luri is the small, frightening, two year old (I asked) practice rug I got on eBay long ago it feels like, out of sheer frustration and need for laughter cause it did not pretend to be what it is not, and it cost very little. The neo Luri rug. I now call it The Amy Winehouse rug.....cause those who do not get Amy & think she is vulgar might attribute it to her.

Amy Winehouse! The unique, brilliant, no nonsense British singer-song writer---won serious Grammys already---wit da demons and the substance abuse and a little violence and the ink but the Keep it Real (ness).

You have sent this rug to yr internal recycle bin cause U could simply not stand it at all. lol But U can not empty this from the recycle bin, it is like seeing SATAN!!!!!

I will now bring it back, DO NOT FLEE:

The link doesn't work, says item no longer available. I deleted the link.. Tho I can see it in both browsers when I paste it. Now I will upload the IMAGE. Get ready!

O! there it IS! lol If I had $5 for every laugh this has given me from placing first max bid to this moment....and those I know....including right this second.....it would already add up to well over 2K. In French, this rug is merde. In Italian, merda.

U get the biggest laughs by thinking of it in person on the floor!!!!!! Where the fine Sarouk once was!!! And the far more pernicious gargage rug which pretends it is what it is NOT.. Wild laughter...Which I am again doing right this second. While my late mother, who had taste and not the stuff of a la mode either..... rotates in her grave. But she din laugh much. At all.

I plan to send this to Jennifer in LA. She is brilliant but 26. She likes it as an actual rug. Now that she got rid of her pink hair streaks she needs something like that.

ow....I can not wait to see this thing!!!!!!!
Jilly attached the following image(s):
4584.JPG