Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Just Shoot Me
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:51:36 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Yes, it is huge. Not Good Red but they say it's unpainted; has atypical dimensions few would want or een tolerate, has NO LIFE. And they say the border stripe is is beige! No way.....should be soft but discernible gold; do not tell me any antique sarouk had beige border stripe, I thnik this rug has been treated in some way. And look at the price!!

http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg

Makes the glorious West Hollywood Saruk look like the bargain of the century at 20K.

Either shoot me.....or shoot the vipers. Sumthin needs shooting.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:36:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Jilly wrote:

lol, I kinda like it, although I wouldn't call this a sarouk from the photographs but I would have to see the pile. Weave, design and colors seems more like a unique 1920's kerman. It's unusual to see a cloudband in a Sarouk. I think the contrast may have been bumped on the medallion pic.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:12:11 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Jilly wrote:

lol, I kinda like it, although I wouldn't call this a sarouk from the photographs but I would have to see the pile. Weave, design and colors seems more like a unique 1920's kerman. It's unusual to see a cloudband in a Sarouk. I think the contrast may have been bumped on the medallion pic.

CLOUDBAND!!!! Is a product of Global warming? What is a cloudband???? Is it a weapon of mass destruction???? Or something in the border? which could also be a WMD, who knows???

Bettcha this was custom made rug. Did they commission those in first part of 20th century from artisans in Persia? The NY importers? And are you saying re contrast bump, in person it might be even more tepid and embalmed than it appears in those images?
Just looked again. I stand by my guardstripe comments. Not that I knew that term before seeing their description. I have seen two, I now get, fabulous Sarouks from the late 20s or 30s, not sure.. Not a spec of brown or beige in either. Not one mm. Not part of their personality. Not those wiht this ostensible color scheme. To me, the whole rug looks treated or suspiciusly consistently faded. That "beige" was once golden. Am I wrong? For a change?

RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:24:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:01:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Ahah! I now see! It is undulating serpent with bumps having swallowed several mice in a fit of gluttony. Cloudband is a patinated version of this depicition I kow what it really is. DID I NOT SAY VIPERS???? lol

Very esoteric stuff this is. Yes, the embalmed rug has this. But for 22K that is the least you should expect, FAUNA... not just the usual FLORA,
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:33:35 PM(UTC)
Groups:

It could be true representation, but it's a good rug to see in person

Not if you hate the rug. I hate the rug. But when U return, please post a report. lol