Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Live Auction Report on Hold
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:50:31 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Hi for a change.

I keep logging on & looking in Live Auction to see what the wounded Sarouk I liked went for. Also, the others. So I can determine. if I should follow up re this route or not. Today, for the first time, they are at least not listed as "live." But they are also not listed as sold. They have disappeared into cyberug vapor.

Seriously, I get it takes time for them to post sold items. But they should hurry up anyhow. Again, this was one of those I thought I might try for: I liked it well eough, plus it was wounded and so I thought it might go for under 2K. OBVIOUSLY, MUST FACTOR IN HIGH BUYER'S FEE AND SHIPPING.

Much more formal than mine, center detail, not overall pattern, but it has life, lustre, and the red falls within my red RANGE. I now have this RANGE. Was always there, I just didn't know it. Tho this....veers toward the 'plum' Pro thought mine had form the bad snippet pic. I no longer care. I want a rug. If it's in the ranges: the I can afford it range and the red range....that's good enough.

Classic track we all know: "If you can't be with the one you love, luv the one you can afford." It won a Grammy. Stephen Stills. lol

Jilly attached the following image(s):
1156_01.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:26:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

How urgently do you need a rug? Some of the best rugs turn up on eBay during the springtime...
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:43:56 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
How urgently do you need a rug? Some of the best rugs turn up on eBay during the springtime...

That was deep, that question. My urgency is emotional and psychological, Pro, and so, ought be a target for distain. Especially given the reality of the world at this juncture. I mean it. the urgency works back to: early pain, shame; compounded by my having lived with this thing on the floor from the garbage for too long; exacerbated my my having discovered the frustrating reality right here, and facilitated by my now being able (I thought) to afford something decent.

I had no idea rugs on ebay were seasonal! I grow orchids....also write for ORCHIDS Magazine when I have time. I now get, rugs are related to orchids.

RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:01:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Jilly wrote:
[quote=RugPro]I grow orchids....also write for ORCHIDS Magazine when I have time. I now get, rugs are related to orchids.

So awesome. Can you post a link to an article. it will be deleted but I'd love to see.

As the world turns, it recognizes the need for rugs in winter. Most heavy weaving in India starts in spring through early summer. The rugs can't dry well during monsoon season: Shipments usually arrive in late aug/september. Just in time for when most buyers are looking for warm floors.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:44:40 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Jilly wrote:
[quote=RugPro]I grow orchids....also write for ORCHIDS Magazine when I have time. I now get, rugs are related to orchids.

So awesome. Can you post a link to an article. it will be deleted but I'd love to see.

As the world turns, it recognizes the need for rugs in winter. Most heavy weaving in India starts in spring through early summer. The rugs can't dry well during monsoon season: Shipments usually arrive in late aug/september. Just in time for when most buyers are looking for warm floors.

Not that awesome....same approach I employ in everything....its foundation is METAPHYSICAL. What I can easily do, given none of this is online, the American Orchid Society=old school snobs, been around for over 100 years, they will not even permit digital images, only slides......is if you give me an address, I could send you my initial, and, people say, the most interesting feature I have done for them. Generated comments from 4 countries. 80 year collections of ORCHIDS IN BINDERS ARE SOLD AT ESTATE SALES.. I scanned this piece from the issue; it was in Feb 01 issue, I think....and I will zip it and it will download in under a nano. Thennn.....U will just unzip it!!!! I alos did the pics for this one....Cjarles Marden Fitch got sick. He is the best i the world. I din wanna, but they got me to do it slowly....they paid extra I did ot care I did not wanna.....they are very good shepherds. lol

Actually, I am in commuication with Bonnie I met on this site. Bonnie, mother of the no longer feral Snow Shoe Siamese cat. Fab girl!!! A SEEKER. She has seen it....along with a couple of other intuitively chosen items.

It would be my pleasure; I think you'd enjoy it....it only incidentally has to do with growing orchids under impossible conditions indoors in Apt in Manhattan. The technical and scientific, horticultural SPECIFICS ARE NOT THE ISSUE AT ALL. Nor are they in most endeavors.

Offer will remain open!!!! This aint no ebay auction!!!! lol

#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:45:47 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Jilly wrote:

Not that awesome....same approach I employ in everything....its foundation is METAPHYSICAL. What I can easily do, given none of this is online, the American Orchid Society=old school snobs, been around for over 100 years, they will not even permit digital images, only slides......is if you give me an address, I could send you my initial, and, people say, the most interesting feature I have done for them. Generated comments from 4 countries. 80 year collections of ORCHIDS IN BINDERS ARE SOLD AT ESTATE SALES.. I scanned this piece from the issue; it was in Feb 01 issue, I think....and I will zip it and it will download in under a nano. Thennn.....U will just unzip it!!!! I alos did the pics for this one....Cjarles Marden Fitch got sick. He is the best i the world. I din wanna, but they got me to do it slowly....they paid extra I did ot care I did not wanna.....they are very good shepherds. lol

Actually, I am in commuication with Bonnie I met on this site. Bonnie, mother of the no longer feral Snow Shoe Siamese cat. Fab girl!!! A SEEKER. She has seen it....along with a couple of other intuitively chosen items.

It would be my pleasure; I think you'd enjoy it....it only incidentally has to do with growing orchids under impossible conditions indoors in Apt in Manhattan. The technical and scientific, horticultural SPECIFICS ARE NOT THE ISSUE AT ALL. Nor are they in most endeavors.

Offer will remain open!!!! This aint no ebay RUG auction!!!! lol

Thanks for all those data re seasonal! Of course, I should have known, the Monsoons Mitigate!!!! Shame on me. There is even famous poem about it! "Spring has sprung, the pile has ris....I wonder where the carpets is?????