Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Poetry
#1 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 5:40:09 PM(UTC)
Groups:

O, be still my VISA card.

Poetry. elegant, ethereal...kin of the stunning open field Sotheby's rug topping my "if only" wish list:

http://www.absoluterugs....persian-sarouk-rugs.htm

Don wanna know price; I am depressed enuff re where is my rug? as it is. (Nah....I am learning patience!)

Jilly attached the following image(s):
antique-persian-rug-sarouk-sa26415.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

#2 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 5:52:06 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I am apparently a glutton for misery; I emailed them questions about the glory rug. I couldn't resist. West Hollywood. I have many friends living in Calif. Maybe they could steal it. lol
RugPro Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 5:57:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

lol, you're rug's coming around soon. Oh boy on the big rug. See what they get back with, I know I would be curious. You simply ask price or more info?
#4 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 6:22:53 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
lol, you're rug's coming around soon. Oh boy on the big rug. See what they get back with, I know I would be curious. You simply ask price or more info?

I will find and paste...hold on:....I pasted the image of the rug in the body of the mail, I doubt it will transfer below...

Hello.

May I have a condition report, i.e, level and consistency of remaining pile, any deficits or repairs, condition of base, KPSI.... on yr below Sarouk?

And yr asking price, please.

Thanks much,
Jill Xxxxxx (did Xes here re surname...but not immediately, who cares anyhow?))

No, the pasted image did not transfer here d.....but it's above. Opening it in Paint and pasting it in the mail was better than typing the number.

Boy, this is AMAZING PUPPY, right???!!!!!!!!!!! I could see it and feel it right here in one nano. How many years in solitary would I do for stealing this rug? Depends if they had broadband or not. Cept I would also have to give it back. But WHY? Bernie Madoff DIN GIVE NUTHIN BACK, is walking free tho on bail... & he stole everything from EVERYONE!!!!!! Along with Citigroup (OUR tax money!).

#5 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 6:53:57 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OK WAIT!! but if the stated age is correct it would be inevitable: look closely at the selvege edges.....we see wear, yes? Or else, what is that white along both edges however inconsistent? I only now see this. Who cares, I want it. It is transporting. It has WINGS. It is so beyond my means, are you SERIOUS? And worth every penny if U got em.

People say, it doesn't hurt to ask. Welllll sometimes it does, OK? But not enuff to preclude asking re this heavenly work of art. I hope Jay-Z & Beyonce...or Russell Simmons, he has too much stuff as it is... don get this rug and we see it on CRIBS.

Doris LESLIE Blau, eat yr heart out.
Edit: Yes, if you blow it up to 400% you see it. Also appears, I think, the upper fringe is missing, and at lower left corner, wear is visible. Maybe this will mean lower asking price. And maybe W will someday have an IQ above that of a raisin. Same odds. Bet their clients are among the small percentage impervious to what is unfolding, and their pockets remain deep.
#6 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 7:32:58 PM(UTC)
Groups:

One more....it's not that big: around 7 X 10. Mine was much bigger, I thin,k 9 plus by 12 plus. But if I can afford it which, let's not live in da rivah in Egypt... I can't....I would NOT COMPLAIN. Expect the worse but hope for the best, and take a deep breath and remember April 15th is coming... before opening the email. I will report when I hear back.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:35:19 PM(UTC)
Groups:

i need to be innuaugurated into the Real World. Not the MTV version: Brick wall I am the brick sall.

Hi,

Here are the information about my farahan Saruk that you asked for.
Pile for antique ferahan is good mostly has thin pile some place is cloth to the knots.
very small whole we fixed that you will not find it so easy. And the price is $20,000.
Best regards.

Samuel
Samuel's Rug Gallery
8636 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069
800-916-7847
www.absoluterugs.com

I saw the damage.....but not the WHOLE [sic}.

Delete, delete, delete!!!!!!!

Hold it.....it just struck me, even if I had 20K to spend on this rug, it would me misery; it would erode me. Cause I would live in fear of hurting it and I would not let anyone walk on it. I mean it. It's not just a palliative thought. Nobody should be afraid of THEIR RUGS or other stuff. Bad enough U worry about yr laptop. But a RUG??????

Hold it More! There was an episode of MONK---Ihave seasons 1-6 on DVD--wherein a guy who murdered his wife gives himself away cause he is more concerned about MONK et.al. WALKING on a high end carpet than that his wife got killed. Another clue MONK gets is the killer WIPED HIS FEET BEFORE ENTERING THE HOUSE!!!!!

See this? the lust for obscenely priced, precious antique rugs.....can lead to MURDER!!! LOL

#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:24:54 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Just for the record, I just sent this to Samuel in West Hollywood:

Hi, Samuel,

I appreciate the info. It is exceptional to be sure. Also, just a SCOCH above what I can spend, alas. I should never have trusted Bernie Madoff.

Too bad Doris Duke is dead; I am sure she would snap it up in a nano.

Good luck with it; I hope someone worthy ends up with it.

Jill

Wut do U want for 20K anyhow?
I would find it in under a nano. Why? Cause I am LITERATE, OK?

Sour grapes are still grapes. lol

RugPro Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:42:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Jilly wrote:
It has WINGS. It is so beyond my means, are you SERIOUS? And worth every penny if U got em.

It's a beauty. The selvages being white is not atypical of much older rugs : it's seen in a lot of the older "haji Jalili" types, chinese rugs, silk Heriz rugs......

Lighter Selvages

PS>I have heard of other people getting bad references from Blau, but the collection of rugs they have is nothing short of astounding.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:00:33 PM(UTC)
Groups:

RugPro wrote:
Jilly wrote:
It has WINGS. It is so beyond my means, are you SERIOUS? And worth every penny if U got em.

It's a beauty. The selvages being white is not atypical of much older rugs : it's seen in a lot of the older "haji Jalili" types, chinese rugs, silk Heriz rugs......

Lighter Selvages

PS>I have heard of other people getting bad references from Blau, but the collection of rugs they have is nothing short of astounding.

Mr. Diplomacy. do they need a Rug Curator at the UN? lol I have o doubt Ms. Blau has some astounding things. And major chops within a certain demographic to nourish the operation. I also get it has all been shrewdly, purposefully orchestrated over much time.

I am getting U feel the poetry rug is worth what they are asking. It probably is. And remember what the Glory defining, open field one went for in 98 at Southbys. Over 72K.

I have never been conventionally ambitious. Tho intensely so in what I feel---and not capriciously--- are the only ways that matter and foster real joy in the moment. I give things away. Like serious money for a custody case a friend ran away with to South America where she was originally from. So, this is not catastrophic re my core happy.

And this rug is indeed a beauty. It is singular.