Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Pretty
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:17:00 PM(UTC)
Groups:

A pretty art deco rug from Joe's store:
http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg ebayphotohosting

Tho looks more Nouveau to me than Deco tho that woold have to be very early 20th C and this is not. I hope the muddy belies the reality; someone should see this in person. Just because U have fine detail and pastel palette doesn't mean the rug can't be sharp and crisp.

Not my kinda poetry, but bet it would do incredibly well here in Manhattan!

I I live in a landmark Deco building built in 1930. or 31. Or 32. And while cutting edge re technology, itd decor is kept as original as possible which I could not respect more.
I was given the assignement to find a way of replacing one of our original ceilng fixture shade, cast, blown and etched....all of thoses.....found the one person on the planet who could make custom mold from another shade. It was a fortune. Nobody cared.

I do not get the underside of this item. What is that, an added foundation? Or is it so densely knotted U can't see anything? Maybe neither.
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

#2 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:53:03 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Ok learning eery second. I see the Wilton rugs were all machine made. thus explainng the underside. Everyone says they are desirable. I dunno. i like hand made rugs.

I also see others, more pin and blue....the older ones. If Joe's new one....I see he sold one a while back....isn't as mddy as it looks, I think that is appers more peach than pink is nice.

Rug stuff in infinite. But rugs are maybe far more fascinating than other furnishings or artifacts. What else to we year for and cherish that, unless we hang them on the wall, we WALK ON?

Wrong! It was VERY CYNICAL FOR YOU TO ANSWER "BOYFRIENDS." LOL
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:02:48 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Joe seems to get a lot of these Art Deco Wiltons! Here is another, also pretty:: http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg ebayphotohosting

Wonder if the Windsors have these in theri palaces? British rugs.