Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What Goes Around Comes Around, Rug Version
#1 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 8:00:13 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Well, Pro is right; things appear again.

While back, my first tremulous bid attempt was on this "Sarouk" if U can call it that, I liked a little; I bid, was too insecure to bid more and someone got it. I posted it, Pro felt it went for tiny money and implied it wasn't disgusting.......said win some loosed some.

Earlier.....in my now default, between clients manic searching....I came upon a similar rug, same vendor.....and bigger. Not as individual as the first, not as interesting proportions between the field, border and medallion.. I do not love it; they are attractive but not classy or exceptional.....but should I bid on it? This time seriously? Again, how can anything not be garbage for this kinda money?

New one:
http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg

Old one I made feeble attempt for:
http://rover.ebay.com/ro...&mtid=824&kw=lg
Pls check bid history on this one.

Thanks in advance.

OK let me get around this. I will upload the bid history for the one I was too insecure to go for, an image, and then the the image of the new one, days to go, now around $10.50.

Old one, 28 bids, will paste last few:

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $258.07
Jan-07-09 20:03:49 PST

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $258.07
Jan-07-09 20:03:42 PST

ariesjill( 133Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $253.07
Jan-07-09 20:02:24 PST

ariesjill( 133Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $247.85
Jan-07-09 20:01:51 PST

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $241.99
Jan-07-09 20:00:14 PST

ariesjill( 133Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $218.57
Jan-07-09 20:01:23 PST

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $210.39
Jan-07-09 19:58:49 PST

ariesjill( 133Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $207.89
Jan-07-09 19:56:33 PST

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $206.99
Jan-07-09 19:58:42 PST

s***s( 15Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $201.99
Jan-07-09 19:51:55 PST

ariesjill( 133Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $188.77
Jan-07-09 19:56:02 PST

k***k( 25Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $175.99
Jan-07-09 19:04:40 PST

Note: the GONE one has two rolls at the bottom; the new, AVAILABLE One has one large roll at the bottom. None of the rolls with ham and cheese. Tho in this industry, you nevah know.

Jilly attached the following image(s):
Gone Rug.JPG
Available rug.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 8:26:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

I think Krow is familiar with this seller if I'm not mistaken. What I can say is myself, I am more partial to the rugs the joe has. Bright colors are nice and fun, but I think there's something more timeless about some of the Sarouks you found in Joe's store. Plus they're a little older, richer colors without being garish.

Jilly you're fun and lively. Numerous occasions you've said you really want something like the one you used to have... But maybe something brighter like these are better?
#3 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 8:40:52 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OMG I just spent an hour circumventing dysfunctional links and uploading badly marked up rug images. Issue is....you had already responded to this post. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?????

RIGHT fun, lively....let's face it, I am small but EXHAUSTING, ok? LOL

Let me think about this. Cause I just logged off my evening work site and could maybe do that!

Bless U!

I could not agree with yr comments more than I agree wit dem. But I have come to, in hand knotted rugs, the rich and timeless I luv is either unaffordable or smoke & mirrors. So I am trying to accept the dogs and the ponies.

I wear mainly boot cut low risers and tops. I get them on eBay for no money. they ALWAYS FIT. I do not even own a top with a pattern or God help us, WRITING ON IT. i designed and built a 9 foot wall system (made the neighbors insane; circular saws are not silent, OK?.....the only one of its kind on earth; veneered all the doors myself, carpathian Em burl....and BOOKMATCHED.

Centering at top.....vintage sTAINED glass panel I found and framed. Yes, with mitered corners.

So Yes, U are right totally.

But.....Again I now know what I would really love.....would be a fortune.

But what you are saying, I think, is CHILL and monitor Joe's incoming inventor.

Edit! OK NO....you really are saying something more direct. Forgive me, I am very tired.

Let me explain. My Sarouk was amazing. It was incandescent without being the least bit garish. It was not necrotic, and washed out pink and tepid blue like Joe's; it was vivid, deep and rich like the rug I found on that Live Auction site.....which only God knew anything of the specifics of.

OK let me try this: it, mine was bright without being PRIMARY, VULGAR AND OPAQUE. There is OPAQUE BRIGHT (like the two rugs above) ....and there is TRANSLUCENT bright. It was more Monet than Matisse (tho Matisse was a genius and without him neither Braque nor Picasso could have existed; HE invented Cubism.)

RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 8:57:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

lol, I don't know why the gone and available cracks me up so much, it's actually a great comparison between the two seeing them like this.

I almost think the top one may have color run, but this could be oversaturation in the picture. Just look at the border. The bottom one that's available has clear and distinct colors, not so much of an overtone.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 9:27:56 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I am entirely relieved at least I cracked you up....however unwittingly and not puropsefully. OMG.

Now....if YOU had nit picking, ambiguity hating Virgo rising as I do, the Gone & Available would be your GO TO MARKINGS as well. lol
Be happy you do not, OK?

Also, as I am excited about seeing what you saw, I am on my way. first, let me say, if you sold your rug vision on ebay.....You could be at Sotheby's Every day and they would give you a GOLDEN PADDLE. You would have Bill Gates options!!!!!! But unlike Bill....it wouldn't be BLOOD MONEY.

Was that a personal attack??? U bet. And well founded and documented. If U know puters and the history of technology.

Think Beyonce has fine Persian rugs? Bet yes. 40M Rolls and pretentious decorator means YES SHE DOES. But she don really appreciate them.
But I do recommend her double CD, it is fierce.

Now the insane, trailer park rug I SO enjoyed getting.....is Amy Winehouse rug. (I Luv Amy; SHE IS GENIUS) Sometimes....for leavening, U gotta be a little AMY.
#6 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 10:29:10 PM(UTC)
Groups:

OK I was moved to interesting experiment. I blew part of the availabe rug to 250%. Not sure if the new file will upload properly.....but the result creeped me out. Think about having to live with this field color.....not unlike the main color of the Disney wicked terrible one I bought literally for laughs.....but in ways, I think, in the flesh, this one might actually be WORSE. Regard the color of the field and get it is bonded forever to this particular BLUE.... and the opacity of the whole thing.

I mean it.

Project the reality beyond the thumbnail.

That ruins this--- for me, at least. With this field color, THE BLUE. The blue.....is a BLIGHT. U think any ancient Persian would have done this??? NEVAH.

I will see if this uploads properly and illustrates what I am getting. Moreover, I now see the blue in the available rug is especially disguSting as there is 2) more of it in the field than in the gone rug and b) it stands out hugely cause it is not reiterated much in he border. The blue in both rugs, I NOW think is a blight, but in the available one, a deal breaker. also, in the gone rug, there is enough mass and bold colors in the medallion to mitigate this blue.

The blue may be OK for sumthin someone would knit for a very traditional girlfriend carrying a male fetus. For a rug? With an opaque orange red field and mainly earth tones border?? I think not.

This, I now now think, is worse than the one I got for laughs!.....cause it aspires to be something fine and classic. It ain't neither. My terrible practice rug is hilarious. This....is just plain embarrassing.

Jilly attached the following image(s):
Blech.JPG