Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Question About a Rug Pad
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:16:21 PM(UTC)
Groups:

I don't know where else to post this, sorry.

When I had my Sarouk washed and refringed, they told me I should get a pad to put under it and there was only one right kind. Upstairs on Madison Avenue, long estab.ished, I din ask questions. So I got this pad. They brought it when they brought the rug back. It was brown felt like.

Along with all the pics of it, I threw this pad away immediately when I sold the rug and they ran off with it.

What was that? That brown, felt like pad?????

Thank U as always,
Jill
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:50:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

I don't think they make the brown one anymore. I think it was made from jute. There's other good stuff out there though
Bonn Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:12:33 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I think I know the type of rug pad you mean. I used to see a lot of them in older homes with older large rugs. The pad was pretty thick, like maybe 3/4"? thick. felted wool-like or , as RugPro says, maybe jute?

Haven't seen them recently - maybe they are no longer available and the older ones had to be replaced as they aged? The new ones are maybe more high tech type engineered thinner 1/4" wool-ish? (mothproof, antibacterial, or ?)

In the past I think I paid more attention to these pads than the *rugs* themselves Silenced .....
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:04:25 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Thaks, guys. I guess even the rug pad subculture morphs over time! I too paid more attention to it than the rug......cAUSE except for what experts said about the rug, including the guys at the place I chose to wash and refrings it.....I knew even less than I know now. And yes, this was long time ago.

Thanks much. As I learn the complexities and realities...I thought getting another rug wouled be simple....I am having rug, and now rug PAD FLASHBACKS.