Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

better pictures of hereke prayer
milivoj Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:03:02 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

hallo,i send a better pictures like you sead me.Please if you can estimate value and model
milivoj attached the following image(s):
DSCF0830.JPG
DSCF0832.JPG
DSCF0835.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:00:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

these pictures are much better and make a world of difference. Please keep all future posts on this thread here rather than starting a new one. I'll bring some of the info from the last one in here.

I'm fairly certain this is a Hereke from Turkey. Does not look like a knock off at all, and has better design execution than the newer ones made in addition to better colors. KPSI is 625 or just a little more. Can't imagine it being too much older than late 1960's now that I see better pics. Reminds me of a rug I saw a customer bring in a while back they said to have purchased in Istanbul new in 1970's.

What kind of value are you looking for? Fair private party value, replacement value? Keep in mind, whatever anyone states in in the forum is strictly a loose assignment to value so it wouldn't hold up for insurance.
cloudband Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:27:20 PM(UTC)

I don't have the best background for these rugs. My opinion: private sale in perfect condition (don't quote me) no less than $225 a square foot I would imagine. It has a more desirable design and coloring than the other. I will research these more
David Dilmaghani
Oriental Rugs
info(at)rugrag.com

Become a Fan of Rug Rag
RugAuthority Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 3:59:24 AM(UTC)
Groups: Dealers, Member

This is a Hereke Silk as denoted by the signature which says Hereke. The retail value is $200 to $250 per square foot in the US. This is in the more common end of quality not the exceptional end. Quick sale value is substantially reduced, perhaps 1/5th of retail or less, due mostly to the current economic situation.

To gain the greatest return it is always suggested that rugs are placed on consignment with the most reputable of rug dealers. To facilitate sale the asking price should be between 1/3rd and ½ of the current retail value. Be prepared to wait a couple years for it to sell if you want to maximize the profits. Visit www.ORRAinc.com for reputable dealers in the US. ORRA members have a Code of Ethics and work towards keeping the industry free of unscrupulous activities.

As a side note, the value of Turkish Hereke Silks has fallen dramatically in recent years, more so in the lower knot counts which in the Hereke Silks is still very high compared to other rugs. This has happened because Chinese reproductions have undercut the Turkish originals since 2002. Ultimately the authenticate Hereke is an excellent buy at the moment but a hard sell as with so many things right now. Good luck and I hope this helps.

John Amatulli
Amatulli & Sons
www.RugAuthority.com
milivoj Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 7:28:15 AM(UTC)

i am looking for honesttly answer for this one...
RugPro Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 7:45:21 AM(UTC)

Seems to me like you just got it. All prices quoted by the above are per square foot, and much, much different than retail or replacement value

How much were you thinking it was worth?
milivoj Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 9:17:16 AM(UTC)

I need to know when,and by whose masterwork is produced this one and other 2 pieces.Thanks in advance.
RugPro Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 11:27:06 AM(UTC)

That's something that would take a fair amount of research and may not yield all the information you're requesting. What venue are you looking to sell these rugs on? You may want to consider going through the rug rag verification process.