Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

So what is it?  Is it worth anything?
telkoboy Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 6:45:18 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

My neighbor passed away and her daughter did not live in the same city and just wanted to get rid of these rugs. I took them but now I too will be moving. Are these rugs worth anything and should I keep them?
telkoboy attached the following image(s):
large rug.jpg
small rug.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:36:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

Welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty much 100 percent sure these are 90 line chinese rugs. They have carved piles, most are wool, very few are silk but that's pretty unusual. these are probably wool. As for value, if they're in new condition - as in they are brand new untouched, you're looking at $20 bucks a foot retail. In used good condition with no major stains, you can get around $5 per foot private party, perhaps more if they've been cleaned. Obviously with rugs you have to wait for the right buyer to come around, so if you want to sell quick like on an ebay auction, you'll have to sacrifice for much less. Example a 6x9 or roughly 54 square feet would be worth around $270. Condition is everything. Hope this helps, if you like them but are considering to sell, I would enjoy them now but also have them listed on CL in case you can sell them for what you want. If you have additional photos, I can probably help evaluate the condition a little better and provide more accurate price points you should offer them at.
ufuk Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:24:25 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

You will get more value out of them if you use them, resale value of these are rather low here in UK. Enjoy
RugPro Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:53:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

I don't disagree. These are durable, sturdy rugs that you'll get a lot of life out of. They were produced on a highly commercialized level, so it is true, most value which will come from a rug like this indeed will be through the use rather than resale (even here in the states)