Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Region, value, quality needed
Elove Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:00:23 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Good afternoon folks, greetings from Fort Lauderdale - Florida

I just joined in my quest of finding information about several rugs I bought in Istanbul 20 years ago! Wow! Has it really been that long? During all those years I have moved to different countries losing my purchased invoices, certificates and all related information in the process. I am hoping some of you could help me identify the region, quality, and any other kind of information that can help me with the value and authenticity of these rugs. I started this process on my own, becoming overwhelmed and fascinated at the same time with the amount of details and the beauty of the art. I would be so grateful to you all for your time and effort.

Files 0006 and 0012 (Handwoven - 324 KPSI - 82 x 55 )
Files 0022 and 26 (Handwoven - 225 KPSI - 82 x 46 1/2)
Files 0057 and 65 (Handwoven - 121 KPSI - 98 x 67)
Files 0045 and 48 (Handwoven - 81 KPSI - 102 1/2 x 50)

I have others but this is a good start - THANK YOU SO MUCH

Emma
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

cartona Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 3:47:31 PM(UTC)

Hello,
Welcome to the forum! You have quite a few interesting rugs. It is generally the policy to post one rug per post with several pics of the rug for identification. Also, please include pics of the back of the rug and the corner and the sides and Fringe and the pile. Image 22 appears to be a south central Turkish piece from Karapinar. I cannot ascertain it's age from the pics of the front alone, but the brighter colors and condition appears to indicate that it's age is no earlier than 1950's. Please post more pics and the forum community can give you more information.
Best!!
Elove Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 5:29:56 PM(UTC)

Thank you for your reply Cartona. I realized what you are advising me after the facts d'oh! Sorry! I spent 2 hours going over old posts and noticed I should had done one rug at a time! Never too late to learn. I will start working on those pictures now. Thank You so much for your welcoming! Emma