Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Need Help in Completing Pro Estimator for my Nain “Rastgar Panah” (6 la) Rug
jellybean's_mom Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 7:05:49 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I would appreciate getting feedback on my Nain “Rastgar Panah” 4’3” x 6’7” rug, excl. fringe. It’s newer (10-20 years). It is a Shisla (6 la). The KPSI (based on 3 samples) averages 642. My 5 questions are: 2 or 3 Ply? Qurk wool? Hand spun? What relationship, if any, is there between KPSI and 6 la (Shisla)? What is its market price if sold privately? I’ve inputed data to the Rug Pro Estimator but since I’m not sure about the Qurk wool, I answered “Wool pile with Silk Highlights on Silk Foundation” and “No/Don’t know” for hand spun. Under Yarn Ply, I selected 3 ply but wonder if it’s only 2. The photos don’t capture the depth of yellow in this rug. My intention is to sell this rug among others in my collection.
http://www.RugRag.com/Ap...-45E7-A733-E207FA28FCFC
jellybean's_mom attached the following image(s):
8-P1010492.w.jpg
1-P1000956.w.jpg
2-P1000957.w.jpg
3-P1000944.w.jpg
4-P1000948.w.jpg
5-P1000946.w.jpg
6-P1000949.w.jpg
7-P1000941.w.jpg
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 8:43:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

maybe single or double ply. also could be qork wool with silk highlights and silk foundation. Is the pile even? it looks like the shearing may be uneven on this rug. let us know if there are inconsistencies
http://www.RugRag.com/Ap...0-4E6B-B216-ABC3BBBFC7CE
jellybean's_mom Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:39:05 PM(UTC)

When I enlarge the two KPSI pics, it appears to me the yarn ply is two. I had to compress the photos to upload to the Forum; are you able to enlarge/manipulate the KPSI pics to get a closer look? Regarding your comment about the pile, I went back to the Pro Estimator and read the drop-down notations for Pile Height to help me understand better what you are pointing out. I then took down the rug from storage and laid it out on the floor and rubbed my hand over the carpet, even getting down on my stomach to view the rug at floor level to see if I could detect unevenness. I also got my husband to do the same. We were able to feel a few spots that were higher but the unevenness was so slight that we had to gently caress the rug numerous times to confirm what we were feeling. My rug looks nothing like the example (photo) provided under the Pro Estimator, "... prime example of an unused rug with uneven shearing. Notice the blue line which follows the actual shearing pattern of this particular piece..."
However, I did find something new… a small area less than 1/16” x less than 3/16” where the pile appears to be compressed against the foundation. See new photos. I don’t know what to think of it. My husband thinks the yellow pile is being pulled down towards the foundation by the darker threads. Please excuse my amateurish way of explaining this. What do you think? How do I input this onto the PRO ESTIMATOR? How does this affect the quality and value of this rug?
jellybean's_mom Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:50:24 PM(UTC)

When I enlarge the two KPSI pics, it appears to me the yarn ply is two. I had to compress the photos to upload to the Forum; are you able to enlarge/manipulate the KPSI pics to get a closer look? Regarding your comment about the pile, I went back to the Pro Estimator and read the drop-down notations for Pile Height to help me understand better what you are pointing out. I then took down the rug from storage and laid it out on the floor and rubbed my hand over the carpet, even getting down on my stomach to view the rug at floor level to see if I could detect unevenness. I also got my husband to do the same. We were able to feel a few spots that were higher but the unevenness was so slight that we had to gently caress the rug numerous times to confirm what we were feeling. My rug looks nothing like the example (photo) provided under the Pro Estimator, "... prime example of an unused rug with uneven shearing. Notice the blue line which follows the actual shearing pattern of this particular piece..."
However, I did find something new… a small area less than 1/16” x less than 3/16” where the pile appears to be compressed against the foundation. See new photos. I don’t know what to think of it. My husband thinks the yellow pile is being pulled down towards the foundation by the darker threads. Please excuse my amateurish way of explaining this. What do you think? How do I input this onto the PRO ESTIMATOR? How does this affect the quality and value of this rug?
jellybean's_mom attached the following image(s):
P1010497.w.JPG
P1010500.w.JPG
RugPro Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 7:34:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

From your description the uneven character is not a concern then. As for the small indentation this seems to be nothing of serious consequence at all. No adjustments on estimator.
1 user thanked RugPro for this useful post.
jellybean's_mom on 11/15/2014(UTC)
jellybean's_mom Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:33:41 PM(UTC)

If I were to sell this rug privately, what would be a fair price? I'm not sure if the Pro Estimator assigned values reflect retail prices or if the range incorporates private sales as well. Thank you for your consideration.