Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stretching a Heriz
Calumbra Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:52:37 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hi there, i bought a Heriz (it's a long story) but there are waves on 2 sides of the 6 x 9 rug. the dealer says he will stretch the rug if it doesn't settle down in 4-6 weeks, and that i should use a pad, that will help. I know i was "green" to have done this, so let's not go there. But i am sure i can come back to him in 4 to 6 weeks and say i just want another rug. It would be helpful to have some backup; i called some rug cleaners to ask them and got a variety of reactions, ranging from Don't buy this rug! to we can fix it... to bring it in, we'll see.

I like this rug though i know i handled everything poorly so far, but i am worried that even if stretched by him (he is a cleaner too) that the rug will simply return to its former waves within a year. Anyone know anything about this? It is
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

RugPro Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:59:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

With photographs we can help to make suggestions. Rugs with permanent issues a professional can often see where corrections may or may not work. Of course, it helps to see in person, although any visual will make this an easier consideration