Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Help?
Rughead Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:04:12 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello and thank you for this great forum. I purchased a rug last night without knowing anything about it from a rug store out here in N. California. I must have had sucker written all over my face as I walked into the store at 7:00 pm right before they were going to close. The rug is from Pakistan via Afghanistan because they have a port for ships......according to the owner. It is extremely thin and almost no pile. Seems to be hand made and it looks to be 11x11 knots so maybe 122 KPSI.
It was listed at $12k marked down to $8600 and he came down to $4300. Did I get ripped off? It's too late now but I would like to know how bad if at all because I am in the market for another rug as well. I probably should have negotiated more but my intention was only to look and possibly spend 1k max probably for a machine rug. Don't know how to post pics and would greatly appreciated any response as well as posting the pics.

Thank you again for this great forum. I am a newbie to rugs but I find this artistry addicting.

RugHead
File Attachment(s):
P1060091.JPG (2,992kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
P1060099.JPG (2,879kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
side (2).JPG (2,860kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
P1060095.JPG (2,946kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
P1060097.JPG (2,737kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

Rughead Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:10:57 PM(UTC)

RugPro Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:11:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

welcome to the forum - just a couple things to know. we always ask photos be posted to the thread - not a link. Also, the size of the rug will help consider the relative 'value' for you. The numbers game the seller put this carpet through is a very bad, exploiting practice
Rughead Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:45:54 PM(UTC)

thx for your reply....the rug is 8'6 x 11'7
the picture link is in reply #2
Rughead Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 8:40:25 PM(UTC)

RugPro wrote:
welcome to the forum - just a couple things to know. we always ask photos be posted to the thread - not a link. Also, the size of the rug will help consider the relative 'value' for you. The numbers game the seller put this carpet through is a very bad, exploiting practice

Sorry I don't know how to post the pics unless the photos were to big and i have to do them 1 by 1. The insert icon did not open up a box to insert a jpg.

thx in advance.
orion Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:36:48 AM(UTC)

Post pics by check marking the attach files to the post underneath the text box. Then hit post after you type in your text. You will then get a screen that will allow you to browse and upload photos from your computer. Hope this helps.
Rughead Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:21:20 PM(UTC)

orion wrote:
Post pics by check marking the attach files to the post underneath the text box. Then hit post after you type in your text. You will then get a screen that will allow you to browse and upload photos from your computer. Hope this helps.

Rughead Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:22:46 PM(UTC)

orion wrote:

I can not get that far.....
1.Ive tried attaching files to original post and i get an error....Maximum length exceeded....Does that mean file is too large?

2.Ive also tried to post another by clicking on the icon that resembles a mountain and nothing opens up. I've enclosed my photobucket link but i guess that is frowned upon. Sorry, i am not computer savy.
Rughead Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 4:13:01 PM(UTC)

Rughead wrote:
orion wrote:

I can not get that far.....
1.Ive tried attaching files to original post and i get an error....Maximum length exceeded....Does that mean file is too large?

2.Ive also tried to post another by clicking on the icon that resembles a mountain and nothing opens up. I've enclosed my photobucket link but i guess that is frowned upon. Sorry, i am not computer savy.

Thank you everyone for your patience....I realized the files were too large. They are finally in the first post. Thx again.

RH
RugPro Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:08:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

You did not get ripped off. However, this practice of playing with the numbers so much is widely frowned upon by reputable sellers.
1 user thanked RugPro for this useful post.
Rughead on 1/12/2014(UTC)
Little-Persia Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:22:18 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Would second that, the initial prices were way off but as a retail piece it's probably a normal price for that size and type of rug (Chobi 'Ziegler').
1 user thanked Little-Persia for this useful post.
Rughead on 1/12/2014(UTC)