Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

bpretkelis
bpretkelis Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 2:05:08 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello Rug Rag Forum - New Member Introduction,

How lucky I am to have found your site!

My parents lived in an exquisitely decorated home complete with over 10 rugs of various "pedigree" - some they acquired and others "came with the house" and am working to establish information on each with the intent to sell.

I proceeded to have them all professionally cleaned. The cleaners told me that their construction represented high quality, wool rugs and that I should have them appraised - they also said one appears to have been improperly cleaned in the past and has "dye" bleed on the fringe. I have attempted to contact Chicago area rug dealers but due to the nature of the economy, they have recommended I go through Craigslist or Ebay. I don't mind doing this but I want to go into selling them as prepared as possible - plus I love the learning experience anyway. Maybe I need to seek out a different kind of appraiser? I am worried the fees of the cleaning and appraising could overrun the rugs actual value... I'm not looking to get rich, just make fair assessments so they can all go to good homes and to people who will enjoy them as much as my parents did.

In the small amount of research I've done so far, I have established the only one is truly "oriental" in origin, and the rest are most likely from various places in the middle east - I have no idea of dates, although I doubt any are particularly "old".

For anyone who gives me help - I thank you in advance! I have images of each rug and most I have a close-up corner shot and I can take other close-ups too as requested. Can't seem to figure out how to attach images here (yet).

Regards,
bpretkelis

bpretkelis attached the following image(s):
Rug1_6round.JPG
Rug1_6round_closeup.JPG
Rug2_8x11_beige.teal.JPG
Rug2_8x11_beige.teal_corner.JPG
Rug6_4x6_Oriental_beige.JPG
Rug6_4x6_Oriental_beige_corner.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access