Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Twin 60 raj Tabriz Mahi
mayofsu Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 3:43:38 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I found a twin set of 40-50 year old 60 raj Tabriz Mahi. I counted 400 + Kpsi and up to 420 ish in some areas. However most Tabriz of this quality have a silk base and these have a cotton base, also no silk highlights. Should I be worried about these not being real Tabriz? I trust the vender a great deal. But could they be not from Tabriz?
If they are real then what is the market value? The are about 9x5 each and appear to be of high quality and not as thick as the Tabriz Mahis that are being made today. I will try to attach pics, the are low quality but the best I got.
mayofsu attached the following image(s):
Tabriz1.jpg
tabriz2.jpg
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

mayofsu Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:59:25 PM(UTC)

Correction, there are silk highlights in these twin carpets. Kpsi is over 500, or raj is over 60. The have a thin low pile and are soft. Any thoughts?
mayofsu Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:09:02 PM(UTC)

New pics posted with better detail.
boutros sayde Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:19:35 AM(UTC)

mayofsu wrote:
I found a twin set of 40-50 year old 60 raj Tabriz Mahi. I counted 400 + Kpsi and up to 420 ish in some areas. However most Tabriz of this quality have a silk base and these have a cotton base, also no silk highlights. Should I be worried about these not being real Tabriz? I trust the vender a great deal. But could they be not from Tabriz?
If they are real then what is the market value? The are about 9x5 each and appear to be of high quality and not as thick as the Tabriz Mahis that are being made today. I will try to attach pics, the are low quality but the best I got.

hi,i dont pretend to be an expert but i have several tabriz carpet and among them mahi and i can say i know a bit. first tabriz do cotton base, second your rugs if 60 raj and above for a wool pile with silk highlights is considered of high quality and is more priced as 50 raj is considered very fine.i have recently "last week" a twin as i was downsizing with 5x7 cotton base mahi with 50 raj for almost 1800 dollars to a dealer, it worth more but the fringes are worn and the cost would be 300 dollars to repair one beside the market here"UAE" is a bit down.he can sell the one for 2500 dollars. this way youcan compare to yours as yours are 60 and bigger and should be in good condition and surely will bring more.regards
boutros sayde Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:21:09 AM(UTC)

boutros sayde wrote:
mayofsu wrote:

hi,i dont pretend to be an expert but i have several tabriz carpet and among them mahi and i can say i know a bit. first tabriz do cotton base, second your rugs if 60 raj and above for a wool pile with silk highlights is considered of high quality and is more priced as 50 raj is considered very fine.i have recently "last week" sold a twin as i was downsizing with 5x7 cotton base mahi with 50 raj for almost 1800 dollars to a dealer, it worth more but the fringes are worn and the cost would be 300 dollars to repair one beside the market here"UAE" is a bit down.he can sell the one for 2500 dollars. this way youcan compare to yours as yours are 60 and bigger and should be in good condition and surely will bring more.regards

1 user thanked boutros sayde for this useful post.
mayofsu on 3/26/2013(UTC)
mayofsu Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:49:47 AM(UTC)

Thanks or the info! Good to compare. Surprised the market in UAE is down. Thanks again.