Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Iranian Qom
msdunkel Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:48:18 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Hello,

I went to the Dubai Shopping Festival carpet oasis this weekend. I was very impressed with the truly massive selection available -- several vendors had $100k+ rugs for sale, both new and used.

I purchased a wool 2x3 meter Qhashghaie Yalemeh for 3000 AED (~$819). The border piece on the side of the carpet is coming off in one place, but aside from that its in really good shape and I was pretty happy with the deal. I was also really torn by a beautiful Qom silk/silk that was 2x3 meters as well. I counted 25x25 KPSI but the seller insisted that in one direction there were often 2-3 knots where you could only see one. Based upon my count it was 625 KPSI, he claimed 900 even after we counted the knots together. Regardless, I still really liked the rug, but to me it seemed his 28,000 AED (`$7671) asking price seemed a little high. I offered him 20,000 AED and he let me walk away. Anyway, I'd like either a warm fuzzy or a "you're a dumbass" on the Yalemeh, and some advice on what to do with the Qom. I have pictures of both, but the Qom pictures did not turn out well, the only one that wasn't blurry really doesn't do the rug justice. The pattern and colors were really amazing. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.
File Attachment(s):
yalameh.jpg (1,600kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
Qom.jpg (1,413kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
Qom 2.jpg (1,798kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KAD Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 2:00:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

The price for the Yalameh seems to be pretty good, but you have to be sure that it would be hard to find the Qum in Iran at this price today. The asked price is very fair, it is probably old stock bought at a lower price some time ago.
Art Oriental - Djoharian fine oriental rug, since 1967
Ludwigstr. 21 97816 Lohr, Bavaria - Germany
https://www.the-rug-store.de
https://www.facebook.com...TeppicheArtOrientalGmbh
https://www.instagram.com/djoharian_collection/

Little-Persia Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:43:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

The picture of the Yalameh looks like it has a colour problem but that might just be the camera. Apart from that a definite bargain and nicely designed rug.

As you said the pictures aren't great so it's impossible to tell 100% but the Qom looks a good piece. Persian Qom rugs are amongst the most expensive rugs you'll find and that's actually a good price for a Persian silk rug that size, particularly a Qom. Still, no harm in trying to push the price down further if you can and you still want it and can afford it.