Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rug Rag Style Guide now Available!
cloudband Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 10:10:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

We're still in the process of finishing some of the end result links, but thought it would be a good test run to see what you all might have to suggest. I believe the best way to try it out at first is to think of a rug, answer questions according to the characteristics, and see your rug comes up in the listing. The idea is that we want users to find it as an interactive learning tool. It's really for hand made rugs, but users can find out proper rug names which they like, then enter them in to search the internet for a rug which matches their taste.

Let us know what you think!

RUG STYLE GUIDE

-Dave
David Dilmaghani
Oriental Rugs
info(at)rugrag.com

Become a Fan of Rug Rag
Sponsor  

Love the Rug Rag Forums?

Register above, then purchase a monthly Forum Pass for Full Access

KrowGyrl Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2008 4:00:01 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

Very nice! I just tried the guide and I think it's very straight forward and easy to use for even the novice or the person with no experience with carpets. I like the multiple choice with images, great. An excellent guide. My only suggestion would be to add a couple of visual examples in each category after they finish the quizz to see some samples of the composite choices they have made. This is a neat tool though. I'm going to play with it a bit more myself.
cloudband Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2008 6:27:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration, Dealers, Member

The results at the end are clickable, but you're right, we haven't got all the images loaded up that we could. That should be ready on monday. I like the idea of having thumbnails available to see then click, which I think it what you're recommending? That's a great suggestion.

The one question for you that I have is when you saw the quarter, were you thinking about the pile height as the size of the quarter as shown, or the size of an actual quarter in real life?

Thanks Krow

-Dave
David Dilmaghani
Oriental Rugs
info(at)rugrag.com

Become a Fan of Rug Rag
KrowGyrl Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:41:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Dealers, Member

I was thinking of it as a representational scale. So by using a quarter, I envisioned the illustration as a scale model, which I think most people would if they see an image comparing two known objects, a quarter which is always the same size, and the relative depth of a rug.